Bannigan and O’Ware told to leave?

king of spain

I've seen both Saunders and O'Ware play midfield.   Only a game each though.  However, O'Ware reads the game well and can pass, so maybe he could be tried there.  My worry is that Caldwell doesn't see the need or thinks it can be filled by a nineteen year old who has still to toughen up.  Not having a go at Palmer, he will probably be the player we require in a couple of years' time but we need someone else now.  Feel actually we should have kept McCarthy.

31 minutes ago, fenski said:

I agree about McCarthy, like Nisbet, a player we were too quick to offload.

I think we gave Nisbet a fair chance. He never looked like he was going to make a good level. If I remember correctly he was out on loan at a few lower league clubs and never did anything. Only seemed to do well when he went to Raith Rovers.

I'm far from sure that McCarthy would've been the answer as a deep midfielder. Before bulking up he was more of a "Bannigan" type player. Sense he played further back due to other circumstances (his lack of pace thru injury/bulking up, whatever). Don't believe he was a natural tackler (again like Bannigan). Whether we were right to offload Andy is another matter but it can't be argued we didn't have other midfielders that played in his natural position.

Nisbet, I believe owned up to not really applying himself and thus probably made it a lot easier decision to offload. His dismal spells out on loan possibly indicate that it wasn't just Archie that failed with one to one man management in this case. At the time I and everybody I've spoken to that had seen Neil McLaughlin play, were far more surprised that he was released. Clearly Kevin has shaken himself up quite spectacularly given his goal count. It may turn out that we should've brought the lad back this season ahead of maybe Mansell or Jones but that's another matter. One aspect to Nisbet's game that's self evident is his ability to take up good positions and if you factor in his new found confidence in scoring then it might well be a pity he's not in our squad.

4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

There are so many pointless non story threads on this forum, why single this one out for deletion ?

Or indeed why contribute to it if you regard it as pointless?

Unless it's sh1t stirring by the pro-Caldweell brigade (and endangered species these days, and becoming rarer by he week).

Given the overall mediocrity of the last 10 months' (just check the current league position) there is no shortage of ammunition for any critic of big bawface.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1