Bannigan and O’Ware told to leave?

king of spain

1 minute ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

If he lets contracted players leave below their market value, I'd still be critical of him. But to go on a winning streak like you describe would almost certainly require both a unity within the squad and a respect/belief in their manager. So I would certainly be giving him credit for turning that around.

This is why Beattie and Britton are there no ? It’s their job to manage the economics of the ins and outs not the manager 

47 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

While I am in no way condoning the action and feel there should be a solution that can accommodate Banzo and Tam in the team, if Caldwell has identified them as part of the problem, he has the right to make the changes he thinks necessary. However if this happens, he will live or die on the results and if they don't improve, he will be under extreme pressure.

That said, if we now win the next 5 in a row, will all those criticising him now be man enough to give credit for what must be a brave decision ? I hope I will. 

In principle yes definitely, in my view we actually have a squad capable of doing that (excluding the Celtic game), but overall he has to be judged on where we are next May.

If he lasts that long.

19 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

In principle yes definitely, in my view we actually have a squad capable of doing that (excluding the Celtic game), but overall he has to be judged on where we are next May.

If he lasts that long.

Let's hope he is still with us next May because that means we're getting promoted, or at least in with a good shout.

All that matters now is winning games. If we keep on winning, Caldwell stays. If not...

The optimist in me imagines we make a couple of Zamatta-level signings today, win the next three games on the trot and look back in December on this start to the season with a wry shrug and, "Thistle! What are we like?"

(This is why I'm still a Thistle fan.)

The realist in me is whimpering behind the couch too scared to look.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, javeajag said:

Is O’Ware that good ? Genuine question I’ve on,y seen him a couple of times and he was ok ish

Before we signed Tam o Ware , he was in the last 2 teams of the year for our division, his final season at Morton he scored 11goals , which was the best in Europe for a defender 

There is obviously a player there .

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

From Graeme Mcgarry

Told that Stuart Bannigan and Tam O'Ware will not be leaving Partick Thistle today. Club looking at two potential loan signings.

you have to laugh ... apologies anyone ?

I hope you are right. You can see how easy it is to start these stories on social media/web though.

15 minutes ago, javeajag said:

From Graeme Mcgarry

Told that Stuart Bannigan and Tam O'Ware will not be leaving Partick Thistle today. Club looking at two potential loan signings.

Them not ultimately leaving is different to them being told to leave. Perhaps your plea for Beattie and Britton to involve themselves did happen? 

Great news though if they are all able to work together.

Edited by jaf

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Well a few people on here said it was happening and it’s not ...and all the angst directed to Caldwell 

Why not ask Graeme McGarry a very specific question - was  Stuart Bannigan seeking a new club through his agent after being told to leave by the manager? Yes or No.

If its Yes, Caldwell still deserves some angst for creating the situation in the first place

If its no, you are right, Caldwell is being hard done by.

Just now, javeajag said:

Sure but maybe it was just all made up ? Plenty of people jumping on the bandwagon 

Both my friend and I commented on Saturday that Bannigan's goal celebration was strange and clearly seemed to be pointed. He singled out O'Ware, running past everyone else including the manager. We had no idea what it might be about though. Without knowing anything, I still suspect that something's not right.

8 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Well a few people on here said it was happening and it’s not ...and all the angst directed to Caldwell 

Virtually every post expressing concern caveated it with "if true" or similar. Not really seeing a lot of unsubstantiated accusations or angst to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Both my friend and I commented on Saturday that Bannigan's goal celebration was strange and clearly seemed to be pointed. He singled out O'Ware, running past everyone else including the manager. We had no idea what it might be about though. Without knowing anything, I still suspect that something's not right.

Could be for any reason though 

17 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

If you look at his twitter, it is clear that Banzo and O'Ware are mates.

Jeezo, you take the dug out for a walk, head swimming with thoughts of how we're going to replace Bannigan in midfield and thinking three centre backs aren't enough to see us through a season, and when you get back it's not happening!

I'm fairly sure that there's issues within the squad - Bannigan's celebration on Saturday seems to indicate that and the rumours (as far as we can trust them) support the idea. Doolan's comments in the media this morning also back this up.

But.

This rumour about players leaving was very specific - Ayr, Morton and Kilmarnock identified and all of these clubs believable as teams where these specific players would go. And now it looks like none of this is true. The day's not over yet and there could be further twists to come (I'll be taking the dug out again after tea, so probably then), but this is beginning to look like mischief making of the highest order.

There are people - and I suspect not limited to the fans - who want Caldwell out at any cost. There's folk on Twitter already saying the rumour was probably true but Caldwell backed down because of the fans' reaction. (Had to laugh at this - this is the Caldwell who released Erskine and Doolan and clearly didn't give a toss about the fans' reaction then, but now he's worried about what we think? Aye, right.)

The issue now is that we have fans, folk inside the club and possibly players, who are prepared to wind things up to get Caldwell out. This, to say the least, isn't good.

Anyway, still hoping for two season-changing loan deals before the end of the day.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, javeajag said:

From Graeme Mcgarry

No apologies as both were told by the manager.

Perhaps chairman/chief executive have intervened?

Let’s wait & see if the loan signings materialise. List the squad we have today & tell me where the gaps are if we keep all our players.

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

This is why Beattie and Britton are there no ? It’s their job to manage the economics of the ins and outs not the manager 

Yes.

I was really thinking along the lines that if Bannigan and O'Ware leave for whatever reasons it will be on the cheap, as it's unlikely more than one club will show an interest at the 11th hour. Whether Beattie and/or Britton will step in of course opens up another topic.

Credit where its due - well done to Gerry Britton and the board for stopping this in its tracks.

Lets hope the players involved and the manager can move on from this and pull together. We need everyone pulling in same direction for sure.

Lets also hope for two decent signings now and we can dare to dream of winning a league game, and another cup win next week propelling us towards some far flung away trip to Wales or the like!