Bannigan and O’Ware told to leave?

king of spain

4 minutes ago, jaf said:

Credit where its due - well done to Gerry Britton and the board for stopping this in its tracks.

Lets hope the players involved and the manager can move on from this and pull together. We need everyone pulling in same direction for sure.

Lets also hope for two decent signings now and we can dare to dream of winning a league game, and another cup win next week propelling us towards some far flung away trip to Wales or the like!

IF the manager has told the players they're not wanted, and he has subsequently been overruled, that sounds like a very difficult position for a manager to be in.

Obviouly I don't know if this is the case

6 minutes ago, Trotter said:

No apologies as both were told by the manager.

Perhaps chairman/chief executive have intervened?

Let’s wait & see if the loan signings materialise. List the squad we have today & tell me where the gaps are if we keep all our players.

Depends what they were told by the manager and the context.... for example if o’ware said if I’m not starting I want to leave and Caldwell says you better leave then

I get a distinct feeling that Caldwell is either brilliant and if he can get a team who do exactly what he wants on and off the pitch then we'd end up being spreadsheet-tastic! Or, he's a Muppet who throws his toys out of the pram when he doesn't get the 'respect' he deserves as manager.

Another thought is that, maybe he's trying to get sacked?  Doesn't fancy football management anymore (3 spectacular failures and who'd employ him now anyway?).  He's got enough cash so he's making as much of a mess as he can and trying to force a decision from the chairman, pick up a nice wee payoff too and end up summarising on BT or Alba!!?

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Depends what they were told by the manager and the context.... for example if o’ware said if I’m not starting I want to leave and Caldwell says you better leave then

My guess would be along the lines of an argument over team selection and Caldwell feeling undermined. Then things escalating from there. Stressing just a guess tho' I think my point about not being able to realise market value at such a late hour is valid. Could be if this bust up (assuming there was a bust up) had happened a month or so ago they might well have been transfer listed. Anyway that's just more uninformed speculation:)

9 minutes ago, sb1876 said:

Another thought is that, maybe he's trying to get sacked?  Doesn't fancy football management anymore (3 spectacular failures and who'd employ him now anyway?).  He's got enough cash so he's making as much of a mess as he can and trying to force a decision from the chairman, pick up a nice wee payoff too and end up summarising on BT or Alba!!?

Wee bit too Machiavellian perhaps. God help us tho' if that's true and he is looking for ways to get fired. He'll be meeting Dick Campbell in a week or so! :)

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Early days.

Let's see if Bannigan gets into the side at the next available game (i.e. once his ban has expired), that should be a good indication.

It's not 'rumour' or 'speculation' that he was stripped of the captaincy; nor is it rumour' or 'speculation' that  Caldwell (effectively) slaughtered him in his after-match reaction.

11 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Early days.

Let's see if Bannigan gets into the side at the next available game (i.e. once his ban has expired), that should be a good indication.

It's not 'rumour' or 'speculation' that he was stripped of the captaincy; nor is it rumour' or 'speculation' that  Caldwell (effectively) slaughtered him in his after-match reaction.

Justifiably. I'd have been more concerned if he hadn't

12 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Early days.

All of which may be true but nothing unusual in football there .... bannigan should do his talking on the park 

30 minutes ago, allyo said:

IF the manager has told the players they're not wanted, and he has subsequently been overruled, that sounds like a very difficult position for a manager to be in.

Obviouly I don't know if this is the case

I think that McGarry just got it wrong. That is how the post reads to me.

1 minute ago, dl1971 said:

I wholeheartedly agree that GC will be a busted flush if our results dont improve very soon. I'd also say that this group of players will fall into that category too. Hope they realise that or most of their careers will be going downwards.....

Can’t argue with you 

With regards Caldwell results continue like this and he will rightly be sacked 

no idea why people would want to upset players but. Apparently Stuart goldie had claimed that GC was forcing James out the club and had had arguments between the 2.

being at school with one of the family I had it confirmed that James didn’t even know Stuart goldie was, got on fine with Caldwell and had not got into any arguments at all. Seemingly mr goldies contact has got it wrong and the Penrices are pretty annoyed. As it currently stands the club are keen to get James on a new contract.

no idea about the oware and banzo stuff but there’s no issues between the manager and Penrice and never has been 

I don't know who has to apologise, nor who they have to apologise to.

Bannigan and O'Ware were told by Caldwell that if they could find clubs before the deadline they were free to go. For whayever reason, this doesn't seem to be happening. 

Gerry Britton said yesterday he had "heard the rumour" but said it wad unlikely they would leave. Perhaps he has intervened. Perhaps the players couldn't get decent deals?  Doesn't mean it wasn't true.

Edited by Jag
Typo
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jag said:

Bannigan and O'Ware were told by Caldwell that if they could find clubs before the deadline they were free to go. For whayever reason, this doesn't seem to be happening. 

Gerry Britton said yesterday he had "heard the rumour" but said it wad unlikely they would leave. Perhaps he has intervened. Perhaps the players couldn't get decent deals?  Doesn't mean it wasn't true.

The Penrice one was completely false mate

Edited by Third Lanark

I get that people like to feel & let others know that they’re ITK, and I get that this is an Internet forum, and so will inevitably be awash with rumour and speculation, but I really don’t think that playing all this out in public (whether or not there is actually anything to the story) is anything other than unhelpful and destabilising for the Club.  

The same could be said for the takeover talks. Since we can’t influence the outcome, in many ways it would have been far better for the playing side if those discussions had been conducted in private.

Anyhow, I’ll let you all get back to your informed and uninformed speculation, and such like...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

no idea why people would want to upset players but. Apparently Stuart goldie had claimed that GC was forcing James out the club and had had arguments between the 2.

being at school with one of the family I had it confirmed that James didn’t even know Stuart goldie was, got on fine with Caldwell and had not got into any arguments at all. Seemingly mr goldies contact has got it wrong and the Penrices are pretty annoyed. As it currently stands the club are keen to get James on a new contract.

no idea about the oware and banzo stuff but there’s no issues between the manager and Penrice and never has been 

I heard that Kilmarnock might be making an offer for him. Nothing about a fall out. Apologies if this has come up in Jagszone as I don't subscribe but Caldwell said on Friday "it’s just the longer term ones who are out – Harkins and Slater. Everyone else should be fit and ready to go".   Penrice was missing from the squad, perhaps something re his head knock, but why did GC not mention that? 

Not saying it's happened or happening but I don't think it's wild speculation to think that Killie might be interested in James. And also thinking that the Club might be needing to sell. Nothing wrong with listening to Kilmarnock, seeing what they'd offer, and then telling them to get to ****.

btw I know nothing about Mr Goldie but I wouldn't put much faith in someone who sounds like he might be a cross retriever labrador.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

5 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Are AJ and I the only Partick Thistle fans in the whole world who are never in the know?  :white_flag::unknw:

It's easier on the brain just to turn up and support whoever is playing for Thistle (and whoever they are owned by) on any given day. :clapping::shakeshout:

No, I’m in the same club as you guys. I don’t know any players, their relatives, directors, employees or pigeons that roost in the JLS. The old club doctor used to be my doctor so I got some info from him but he retired quite some time ago.

35 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I heard that Kilmarnock might be making an offer for him. Nothing about a fall out. Apologies if this has come up in Jagszone as I don't subscribe but Caldwell said on Friday "it’s just the longer term ones who are out – Harkins and Slater. Everyone else should be fit and ready to go".   Penrice was missing from the squad, perhaps something re his head knock, but why did GC not mention that? 

Not saying it's happened or happening but I don't think it's wild speculation to think that Killie might be interested in James. And also thinking that the Club might be needing to sell. Nothing wrong with listening to Kilmarnock, seeing what they'd offer, and then telling them to get to ****.

btw I know nothing about Mr Goldie but I wouldn't put much faith in someone who sounds like he might be a cross retriever labrador.

It was a family member who had said he was being rested because of possible concussion 

to be fair to Stuart goldie he had only posted what he thought to be true as it was someone usually reliable who had told them but in this case was wrong. So having heard this now I was wrong to blame him

Edited by Third Lanark

58 minutes ago, Jag said:

Have a look at Banzo's twitter https://twitter.com/banzo8?lang=en 

It doesn't look like a guy who has fallen out with the club or been asked to go anywhere. I am starting to think that this is a complete non-story based on a false rumour. 

49 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

The Penrice one was completely false mate

Only thing I'd heard about Penrice was a possible bid from Killie but I was only talking about Banzo and O'Ware.

The Killie bid may or may not be true but entirely different circumstances to the other two.

39 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Penrice was out for delayed concussion protocol. Caldwell said so on jagzone

• Like 1