Transfer News !

javeajag

2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Reece Cole is a central midfielder. Can't find out if he is the defensive hardman that we need.

Best of luck at Firhill Reece. I hope you become a star.

There's an interview with him on youtube. Seems he likes making a long pass, shooting at goal and taking free kicks. Nothing to suggest the enforcer type and at his age that would perhaps be unlikely anyway. I really do  tho' hope the boy has got that sort of dig as I'm not sure how many more central mids that can't tackle (or more accurately can't tackle cleaning) we need.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Reece Cole is a central midfielder. Can't find out if he is the defensive hardman that we need.

Best of luck at Firhill Reece. I hope you become a star.

From the comments on Twitter from Brentford fans, he's, in the modern parlance, 'a number 10' - attacking midfielder with good technical ability, good with free kicks and can shoot from distance. They also seem to rate him (and really not rate Scottish football).

Definitely not the enforcer some folk were hoping for.

8 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

From the comments on Twitter from Brentford fans, he's, in the modern parlance, 'a number 10' - attacking midfielder with good technical ability, good with free kicks and can shoot from distance. They also seem to rate him (and really not rate Scottish football).

Definitely not the enforcer some folk were hoping for.

That probably helps me to value their opinion !

35 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

So excited to get this household name in. A real coup! Erm...........

Agree a bit underwhelmed with this to be honest,  though obviously hope the lad is a great success, someone had said seemed to think that Graeme McGarry had mentioned 2 players currently in the Scottish premier league - but clearly they were wrong.  

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Agree a bit underwhelmed with this to be honest,  though obviously hope the lad is a great success, someone had said seemed to think that Graeme McGarry had mentioned 2 players currently in the Scottish premier league - but clearly they were wrong.  

Graeme McGarry wrong?   

I am hopeful he is a decent player, I will leave being under or over whelmed until I see the kid play - he sounds like the kind of player I like but would have preferred a right back who can defend, a defensive midfield player and/or a penalty box poacher striker.  Oh well, lets see what the next few hours bring - hopefully one of those positions will be covered!

1 minute ago, jaf said:

Graeme McGarry wrong?   

I am hopeful he is a decent player, I will leave being under or over whelmed until I see the kid play - he sounds like the kind of player I like but would have preferred a right back who can defend, a defensive midfield player and/or a penalty box poacher striker.  Oh well, lets see what the next few hours bring - hopefully one of those positions will be covered!

Definitely mate be interesting few hours- course it looks like they are trying to get another player in on loan but with a lot of these things always the possibility the parent club has a change of mind and the deal falls through 

2 minutes ago, mad-jag said:

Stop taking the (endless) bait. It will be good for your blood pressure and everyone else’s sanity!

I’m very chilled and blood pressure is normal but thanks for being concerned ! just trying to get him to grow up but to no avail ... even sent him a private message indicating I wouldn’t be responding  and  that got this post as a response 

no more biting from me