Transfer News !

javeajag

4 hours ago, MonehJags said:

The individual errors have been happening long before Caldwell took over. Christie Elliott provided two of the worst I have ever seen which in the end contributed to Archie's departure. There is no doubt its concerning that the trend has continued. Its small margins in most games and crazy mistakes can be the difference.

Cut adrift so early? If we fail to win in Arbroath then we can start concerning ourselves with that.

I think we have a better balance to the squad now with the recent additions. This is where my renewing optimism has been born out of. Its now completely down to the manager to get this team to play.

Its very easy to criticise through the keyboard and most of it has been quite rightly justifiable. Id be even more concerned if we just getting pumped every week without every looking like winning. We have been in with a shout in all the games so far, the defeats have been hard to take but could easily have went the other way.

a) 'If we fail to win in Arbroath' we should start concerning ourselves immediately with Caldwell's replacement;

b) Recent additions - cannot share your optimism, but I do think Caldwell needs some more time to show that these were worth the money; he has two games against - in theory - weaker opposition to show some drastic improvement;

c) I don't know of any other way to articulate on this forum.

16 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

c) I don't know of any other way to articulate on this forum.

I tried sending psychic transmissions in the general direction of Firhill at the start of the season, but they deflected off Ben Lomond and Barry Smith departed Brechin City as a result. Damn hills....

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sandy said:

I tried sending psychic transmissions in the general direction of Firhill at the start of the season, but they deflected off Ben Lomond and Barry Smith departed Brechin City as a result. Damn hills....

I never thought of that, maybe you should converted them to Power Point format first!

4 hours ago, sandy said:

Since Firhill's in Glasgow you could also have tried to communicate thru the medium of a Weegie Board.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Since Firhill's in Glasgow you could also have tried to communicate thru the medium of a Weegie Board.

Indeed, m’lady! But the connections to the North West of England don’t work when GC goes home.

Edited by sandy

1 hour ago, kevin energy said:

I know it is a bit early for the player in question but if we are to look out for the next Doolan, Calum Graham Play's for Ashfield FC, signed this season and has scored 19 Goals this season he came from a church league but you have to look everywhere maybe worth keeping an eye on him.    

19 already? In how many games?

2 hours ago, kevin energy said:

I know it is a bit early for the player in question but if we are to look out for the next Doolan, Calum Graham Play's for Ashfield FC, signed this season and has scored 19 Goals this season he came from a church league but you have to look everywhere maybe worth keeping an eye on him.    

Email the Club , they’ll definitely have a look at him , if they haven’t already 

Good shout

3 hours ago, kevin energy said:

Ashfield not up to much these days and play in the 4th tier. I'm not saying the boy isn't good but it isn't a great level and would be a massive jump.

Ex Jag Jordan McGrotty banging in goals for Shettleston in the division above.

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

8 games. Won 4 lost 4. He came from Motherwell Kings Juveniles where he scored 198 goals in 5 seasons?

18 minutes ago, Jag said:

Ashfield not up to much these days and play in the 4th tier. I'm not saying the boy isn't good but it isn't a great level and would be a massive jump.

Ex Jag Jordan McGrotty banging in goals for Shettleston in the division above.

Nothing lost I guess by even asking the lad in for a trial.

mcgrotty was never released because of his footballing ability it was other issues 

17 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

mcgrotty was never released because of his footballing ability it was other issues 

Trouble is we can’t offer some of these guys in the Academy deals due to budget constraints , they all develop at different rates so basically we’re gambling just now on players who have developed slightly quicker than others .

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Trouble is we can’t offer some of these guys in the Academy deals due to budget constraints , they all develop at different rates so basically we’re gambling just now on players who have developed slightly quicker than others .

We can keep an eye on them till January or the end of the season

Maybe worth mentioning that Aiden Fitzpatrick arrived at Firhill thru the recommendation of Ronnie Gilfinnan or more correctly a relative of Ronnie's. It was mentioned at the recent Meet the Chancers Day but I had heard this before and I'm sure it's 100% kosher. Otherwise Aiden would've gone under the radar. So the Club should never dismiss or pay lip service to recommendations from leftfield souces.,

Agree with TL in so much as nothing ventured. Also tho' the Doolan/Erskine coup a decade ago is often mentioned, are we to believe that nobody else from the Junior ranks in the last ten years has been worthy of consideration? Like him or loathe him (I'm in the latter camp) but Darian MacKinnon effectively kept Accies in the top tier a few seasons ago and I'd argue if we had a Wee Ned player like that we wouldn't be bottom of the 2nd tier.   

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 2

This Saturday, Pollok are playing Kilbirnie Ladeside  [league leaders V 4th in the league] Well worth a visit for Jags fans with a spare Saturday! The quality of football is high [Newlandsfield is grass not plastic] the pies and drinks are fine and it's an easy commute from the town centre [bus number 38]   Maybe we should be doing some scouting for PTFC?

11 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

9 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Maybe worth mentioning that Aiden Fitzpatrick arrived at Firhill thru the recommendation of Ronnie Gilfinnan or more correctly a relative of Ronnie's. It was mentioned at the recent Meet the Chancers Day but I had heard this before and I'm sure it's 100% kosher. Otherwise Aiden would've gone under the radar. So the Club should never dismiss or pay lip service to recommendations from leftfield souces.,

Agree with TL in so much as nothing ventured. Also tho' the Doolan/Erskine coup a decade ago is often mentioned, are we to believe that nobody else from the Junior ranks in the last ten years has been worthy of consideration? Like him or loathe him (I'm in the latter camp) but Darian MacKinnon effectively kept Accies in the top tier a few seasons ago and I'd argue if we had a Wee Ned player like that we wouldn't be bottom of the 2nd tier.   

I agree with both of you, in as much as we should be exploring all avenues.

However, my point is that this guy is playing way down the Junior ranks and if this is the route we are going to take, would it not be better looking at players playing in the top divisions? It is hard enough going from the likes of League 2 to Championship, never mind fourth tier of Junior league to Championship. 

To give you an indication of the gulf, Premier League side Pollok beat Shettleston ( League One favourites) 10-1 last month, Jordan McGrotty et al. Ashfield are the division below Shettleston, The standard is not great.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kevin energy said:

Trying to find Info on Jordan Mcgroarty can someone send me a link and i will email the club with the 2 names

Jordan mcgrotty was a Partick Thistle youth player a few years ago - he was sacked. The club will be fully aware of him and whether they ever wanted to take him back or not

44 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Jordan mcgrotty was a Partick Thistle youth player a few years ago - he was sacked. The club will be fully aware of him and whether they ever wanted to take him back or not

I doubt Jordan would come to us under any circumstances. Would you go back to an employer who sacked you ?