Thistle For Ever - Fans Ownership

javeajag

7 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

I’m getting more confused by this with each post.

I thought initially this was a rival bid for the 9’s shares now it seems to be to dilute them by 25% (which then makes the figure of 24% not make the 50+1 model)

I don’t see a target value or how it will be attained 

I don’t see how my % would gain me a vote or share on deciding the board, or if I put in 5X more than say JavaJag if I’d have 5X more votes.

I don’t see where liability for debt etc lies

If I’m honest I see this as an opportunity for a wealthy backer to gain control of the club via the backdoor under fan ownership. 

Why not speak to them ? because that’s not what they are saying at all 

For anyone trying to understand the aims/origins of the fan ownership group, I thought the interview posted earlier was a good start.  Kudos for transparency.

As an aside, where the hell are the journos on this?  American journalists would have already published, retracted, and re-published by now.  Are they waiting for a press release they can slightly reword so it looks like they made an effort?

4 minutes ago, ChiThistle said:

For anyone trying to understand the aims/origins of the fan ownership group, I thought the interview posted earlier was a good start.  Kudos for transparency.

As an aside, where the hell are the journos on this?  American journalists would have already published, retracted, and re-published by now.  Are they waiting for a press release they can slightly reword so it looks like they made an effort?

The journos will be waiting for a reference to one of the 2 clubs they have heard of

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, stolenscone said:

Google search for “companies house beta”.

On the website homepage, plug “Partick Thistle Football Club” into the search bar. The first entry will be the club. 

Click “filing history”.  The entry that you are looking for is the “confirmation statement” which is dated 9 Jan 2018 - the entries are in date order, so it’s easy enough to find. Click the “view pdf” button and you’ll find the list.

Thanks. Will do just that.

6 hours ago, javeajag said:

I don’t think anyone expects anything other than a board elected from members and an executive if people who know what they are doing .....it does actually work like this elsewhere

And if a Benefactor Steps in to fund it but the Condition is seats on the Board - would you be for that ?

They definitely cannot be criticised for communication. I have asked questions direct to individuals involved and had open answers. Quickly. 

If they are being bombarded then that’s quite a time commitment from them, so well done to the guys involved. 

27 minutes ago, jaf said:

They definitely cannot be criticised for communication. I have asked questions direct to individuals involved and had open answers. Quickly. 

If they are being bombarded then that’s quite a time commitment from them, so well done to the guys involved. 

Good to hear 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Say what you really mean !

They stated that under there Rules you cant buy a seat on the Board - so if the only way of purchasing the Shares is to use the St Mirren Model where a Benefactor Buys the Shares - with the long term agreement that when the Fans raise the required Funds Shares will be sold to the Fans in tranches but meantime the Benefactor wants Seats on the Board ( same as St Mirren ) are you in support of this scenario ? 

Given its a Model thats been referred to as "Fan Ownership" then its a reasonable question ?       

3 hours ago, scotty said:

If s and but s. They can only work with what they've got.

But they clearly state you cant "Buy a Seat on the Board "  So by there own rules anyone giving cash cannot get any influence in the Boardroom beyond getting a single Vote 

Also in a normal Company I own 7% Shares - I have 7% Voting Rights - under this scenario I can own 0% Shares but have the same voting rights as the 7% ? 

Partick Thistle are a Limited Company - voting rights are controlled by the Companies Act - its also been stated that only members of this Group can be elected to the Board  - Im not actually sure thats in line with the Companies Act - and if your not part of this "Group" you cant be elected to the Board ?   Again not 100% sure where that sits as a limited Company - the Directors are beholding to Shareholders not a "Group" and thats all the shareholders not just the ones they like