Montrose (away) Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Cup

elevenone

16 minutes ago, Camallain said:

That was the first time in nine games that we have kept a clean sheet! We are going to need a good few more of these if we are to start climbing the league table any time soon :happy2:

Ran out of likes. Need to keep it going. Lets hope we do and we get 3points at Arbroath.

7 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Got our goals at great times. Didn't push on after the first but comfortable enough win. Nothing to boast about, but nothing to be upset about either.

Montrose's No15, (Ross Campbell??) Man of the Match. Jason Statham lookalike and comedy gold.

Isnt Ross Campbell son of either Bunnet or his brother? 

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

Winning certainly is a nice feeling, and long may it continue. Don’t know about anyone having an agenda of fear - I’ve never been scared of anything I’ve read in here.

It makes a change lol

Good point on the bolded section.

Onwards and upwards!

• Like 1

Stuart is Ban-again, as is Gordon.

Palmer should be back unless he gets injured with Norn Iron's U21s and Zanatta will be eligible.

Palmer for Sena and definitely Zanatta for Robson would be the only outfield changes I'd make.  I don't have a strong opinion on the goalkeepers but changing every week can't be good for the team?

Just now, Ancipital said:

Stuart is Ban-again, as is Gordon.

Palmer should be back unless he gets injured with Norn Iron's U21s and Zanatta will be eligible.

Palmer for Sena and definitely Zanatta for Robson would be the only outfield changes I'd make.  I don't have a strong opinion on the goalkeepers but changing every week can't be good for the team?

Agree with this.

Niang (Senna) isn't ready for first team duties yet. Palmer, currently, would be my first choice for midfield.

Absolutely spot on about the keeper situation - we need to stop chopping and changing. For me, Sneddon wears number 1 for a reason and should start most games.

10 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Highlights. https://youtu.be/lKRWfHrPxXI

Mistake with the free kick taker but otherwise very good overage. 

Thanks LIB. Always good to get a win . We need to start getting some in the league and although it wont be easy, we should be looking to start a good run of results this Friday.

Good to see some of the young lads getting a run out, be in a winning team and having a clean sheet. Out of interest how did the youngsters play?

Still slightly concerned Caldwell doesn’t seem sure of what keeper of defense to play, by my reckoning we’ve changed it every game, without being forced to via injuries or suspensions 

10 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Good to see some of the young lads getting a run out, be in a winning team and having a clean sheet. Out of interest how did the youngsters play?

Hard to judge Sena as thru necessity he was played further forward than his preferred position(s). He's strong in the tackle so defensive mid or somewhere in the back four would be better suited. Thought he was maybe a bit too slow and deliberate on the ball but he looked for the most part not the least bit fazed with the physicality side of things.

Watson certainly made an impact when he came on. Not scared to mix it either. Would've liked to have seen him get a longer run out. Thought as a natural wide player he'd have been a better sub than Mansell when Robson was withdrawn.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Hard to judge Sena as thru necessity he was played further forward than his preferred position(s). He's strong in the tackle so defensive mid or somewhere in the back four would be better suited. Thought he was maybe a bit too slow and deliberate on the ball but he looked for the most part not the least bit fazed with the physicality side of things.

Watson certainly made an impact when he came on. Not scared to mix it either. Would've liked to have seen him get a longer run out. Thought as a natural wide player he'd have been a better sub than Mansell when Robson was withdrawn.

Dean Watson looks a prospect on the small parts that I have seen him. Interesting to see how he develops. 

The Glasgow cup games are going to useful to blood our young players.  Much more likely to be able to get them out on loan if they have some experience.  If we get a lower league side in this cup then that also presents an opportunely. 

Sena will probably be put out on loan at some stage of this season.