Montrose (away) Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Cup

elevenone

Would like to see us win this comfortably 2/3-0 ideally and help imbed the new guys a bit. I would also add to earlier comments on Kakays twitter he played and scored on his comeback game this week for a qpr team, so hoping he is near enough fit if not fully. Personally I would go with:

Fox

kakay(If fit) Hall Saunders Penrice

O’Ware  Cole 

Cardle   De Vita   Mansell/Robson

Jones 

De Vita and Cole could swap to what best suits.

Give big Sean and Williamson a rest as they haven’t missed a minute I don’t think so far? Give Kenny a rest for obvious reasons and I also think it’s important Jones starts and gets a goal to get him off the mark as I think once he’s got his first he will go on to score a few. Get big Sena and Galasso a run out as well at the end if comfortable.

I would go with the following (fitness depending) 

GK - Sneddon

RB - Williamson

CB - McGinty

CB - O’Ware

CB - Hall

LB - Penrice 

RM - Cardle

CM - Palmer

CM - DeVita

LM - Zanatta 

FWD - Jones

would hope that 3 CB’s across the back would be solid enough to allow both full backs to push on and free up both LM and RM to play in off the channel and support Jones which i think he needs. 

would start with the intention of pressing high from the start and going in at half time 2/3 up.

Subs wise i’d hope to see Austin for 20mins,   Cole for 20 and Kakay for 10/15.  If Austin is’nt fit then change to 4,4,2 and bring on Miller and Galasso for last 25 

we need a strong result.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Firhill Pie said:

GK - Sneddon

RB - Williamson

CB - McGinty

CB - O’Ware

CB - Hall

LB - Penrice 

RM - Cardle

CM - Palmer

CM - DeVita

LM - Zanatta 

FWD - Jones

would hope that 3 CB’s across the back would be solid enough to allow both full backs to push on and free up both LM and RM to play in off the channel and support Jones which i think he needs. 

would start with the intention of pressing high from the start and going in at half time 2/3 up.

Subs wise i’d hope to see Austin for 20mins,   Cole for 20 and Kakay for 10/15.  If Austin is’nt fit then change to 4,4,2 and bring on Miller and Galasso for last 25 

we need a strong result.

Zanatta is cup tied, played for Hearts U21 in earlier round.  Palmer on international duty. 

37 minutes ago, Firhill Pie said:

GK - Sneddon

RB - Williamson

CB - McGinty

CB - O’Ware

CB - Hall

LB - Penrice 

RM - Cardle

CM - Palmer

CM - DeVita

LM - Zanatta 

FWD - Jones

we need a strong result.

Galasso out on loan

Well in suggesting my team in opening post I never factored in players being cup tied, players being away on International duty, new signing not being fit and the plastic pitch not being suitable for some players.  Add to this suspensions and injuries my revised team is...

Sneddon

1-0 thistle, goal from Sneddon whose long kick out bounces high on plastic pitch over the Montrose keeper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4-0 Thistle

Easy win

Build confidence for important upcoming games

For what its worth :

Sneddon

Kakay, O'Ware, Hall, Penrice

Sena, De Vita

Cardle, Cole,  Robson

Jones

Mansell for Jones at half time

Edited by jaf
my team FWIW

1 hour ago, jaf said:

4-0 Thistle

Easy win

Build confidence for important upcoming games

Tho' I agree a good win could help our fragile confidence, I probably don't need to remind many that we won 5-0 away from home in our first Challenge Cup fixture last season. Didn't build much confidence then, alas.

On 9/5/2019 at 2:44 PM, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Would like to see us win this comfortably 2/3-0 ideally and help imbed the new guys a bit. I would also add to earlier comments on Kakays twitter he played and scored on his comeback game this week for a qpr team, so hoping he is near enough fit if not fully. Personally I would go with:

Fox

kakay(If fit) Hall Saunders Penrice

O’Ware  Cole 

Cardle   De Vita   Mansell/Robson

Jones 

De Vita and Cole could swap to what best suits.

Give big Sean and Williamson a rest as they haven’t missed a minute I don’t think so far? Give Kenny a rest for obvious reasons and I also think it’s important Jones starts and gets a goal to get him off the mark as I think once he’s got his first he will go on to score a few. Get big Sena and Galasso a run out as well at the end if comfortable.

Jones also appears to be injured 

My attempt at team with players who are available (I think)

Sneddon

Williamson   Hall  McGinty   Penrice

De Vita    O'Ware

Cardle      Miller   Robson

Mansell

Subs:  Fox, Saunders and a bunch of youngsters.

NB If Cole is fit to start perhaps play him instead of O'Ware or instead of De Vita who could move forward to replace Miller to give him a rest.  Team could also line up 4-4-2, I suppose with Cardle/Robson wide MF and Miller/Mansell up top.   With Cole team might fit a 3-4-3 with O'Ware dropping into back three,  Penrice/Williamson wide of Cole/De Vita and a front three of Cardle Mansell  Robson.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Okay, as an alternative to naming myself, here's my selection for today:

Sneddon

Saunders  Hall  McGinty

Williamson                                              Robson

Da Vita                 Penrice

Cole

Millar        Mansell

Subs: Fox, O'Ware, Kakay, Cardle and three youngsters.

Is Bannigan definitely suspended for this game? If not, he should be playing. If he is - great! He's available for Arbroath. Win win. (Kind of.)

32 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

Okay, as an alternative to naming myself, here's my selection for today:

Sneddon

Saunders  Hall  McGinty

Williamson                                              Robson

Da Vita                 Penrice

Cole

Millar        Mansell

Subs: Fox, O'Ware, Kakay, Cardle and three youngsters.

Is Bannigan definitely suspended for this game? If not, he should be playing. If he is - great! He's available for Arbroath. Win win. (Kind of.)

Gordon and Bannigan both straight red. 

Ban, 2 - 1st team games immediate.