Montrose (away) Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Cup

elevenone

I think the inclusion of the Colts teams hasn't worked. It certainly seems to be popular for the Colts teams themselves and their coaches, but not the fans.Ā Ā Ā I am a bit surprised at this as I would have thought fans Ā of the Premiership clubs involved would like to see their youngsters in properly competitive action. I do like the inclusion of Irish and Welsh teams.Ā Yes, it would be better if there was a proper cross border championship but I doubt that it would work financially. It would also be better to have larger English clubs involved although I doubt we could make it financially attractive to them. However, while you might question the inclusion of Tier 5 teams like Solihull Moors (and I did) their trip to Kelty Hearts was watched by 300 more than were at Links Park on Saturday!

18 minutes ago, Dunfermline Jag said:

Yes, it would be better if there was a proper cross border championship but I doubt that it would work financially.

Look at the draw above and it's not hard to imagine that even with a share of the gate most of the away sides will be out of pocket. Either that or the SPFL will be paying out a considerable sum in compo. Maybe not a strong argument for a cross border tournament but properly constructed it could be marketed better than this shambles.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett