Annual Accounts....

javeajag

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Caldwell would definitely spend it, remember the uproar when his budget was realigned and he wasn’t getting another 4 players

Assumption ....you guys can’t have it both ways now

the accounts are actual and pretty good and then you speculate negatively to suit your argument 

36 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Gerry B stated the Playing Budget was the same as last Year  - thats without the additional monies from Liam & Fitzy 

Non Playing staff - Four from the Office - two of which were Part Time - one of which  wasnt on a large Salary - couple of kit type people - also the two Accounts people made redundant were being replaced by outsourcing - so the cost wasnt wiped out - you are looking at £120K Tops in staff cost reduction -  

The New Board will defo be getting asked the Question -and Im pretty sure they will answer 

What happened to the £600k loss you were messaging people about in June? Or were you expecting that to appear in next year's accounts? :thinking:

Edited by Dark Passenger

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I realise that the accounts are for the previous year, But the point I am making is that he doesn't always spend the budget he is given

Yes, I don't think that's necessarily the point though, and GC is blameless in all of this.

The point is - why did the current board remove the previous board?

The accounts look ok - pros and cons per my post above - so its not for historic reasons

However, using those to make some assumptions on the future, we can see there MIGHT have been issues with the budget for the coming season (again see above) and so that MIGHT have been the reason the Board intervened.  Therefore the board of the selling shareholders really need to clarify this at the AGM - and I don't think they should be criticised given our history if there was a shit or bust irresponsible budget set.

The difficulty they have is the budget is never published, and so, to some (eg Javeajag), they will never be believed on this anyway!

9 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Assumption ....you guys can’t have it both ways now

the accounts are actual and pretty good and then you speculate negatively to suit your argument 

As I stated making a £40k profit after relegation is ok.

The issue is we had substantial one of payments in that time, so you either remove these from the budget next year, replace them with other funding, or make a substantial loss

2 minutes ago, jaf said:

Yes, I don't think that's necessarily the point though, and GC is blameless in all of this.

The point is - why did the current board remove the previous board?

The accounts look ok - pros and cons per my post above - so its not for historic reasons

However, using those to make some assumptions on the future, we can see there MIGHT have been issues with the budget for the coming season (again see above) and so that MIGHT have been the reason the Board intervened.  Therefore the board of the selling shareholders really need to clarify this at the AGM - and I don't think they should be criticised given our history if there was a shit or bust irresponsible budget set.

The difficulty they have is the budget is never published, and so, to some (eg Javeajag), they will never be believed on this anyway!

If buts and maybes ....!,

the new board took control to sell the club ...as has been stated the old board were not in favour of it 

it really is that simple

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

As I stated making a £40k profit after relegation is ok.

The issue is we had substantial one of payments in that time, so you either remove these from the budget next year, replace them with other funding, or make a substantial loss

The budget agreed by the old board was not to make a loss or go into debt 

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

The budget agreed by the old board was not to make a loss or go into debt 

Ok so without cutting the playing budget, our largest expense where does the £500 or £600k shortfall come from? The previous board putting their hands in their pockets, Colin Weir, The guys at Rocks, the bottom of the sock drawer?

This is basic accounting.

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Reduction of playing staff by 9 and the remainder at a lower cost 

But publicly stated by multiple people that playing budget the same?  I know you were on Islay so might have missed it.

I've been wrong before, you've been right before, so I will just shut up. Well done.

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Should add Archie etc costs come out and other cost reduction as well

Archie was sacked in October - he will be being paid off over a year

November to May is 7 months

June to October is 5 months

The differential is minor in the two accounting periods

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

ok 

Received 21 June:

Edited by twinny
Deleted image alluding to message from Jordanhill Jag. The image doesn't demonstrate that JJ himself said anything, only hearsay. If the original sender of the message proved it, it may be different.

11 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Let’s come at this another way

income last year £3m....likely to be less next year 

player expenditure etc last year £1.7m... has to be less this year because income is falling 

therefore the player budget might be the same but what we actually spend will be lower 

Sorry Java you’ve lost me here.

If the expenditure is the same the spend must be the same, maybe I’m reading it wrong from the poolside here

Just now, Norgethistle said:

Sorry Java you’ve lost me here.

If the expenditure is the same the spend must be the same, maybe I’m reading it wrong from the poolside here

Our income this year will be less than last year going down from the £3m in this years account to maybe £2.2 to £2.5m .....?

therefore our player expenditure has to fall this season as well to prob a range of £1.2 to £1.4m 

as a result the player budget cannot be the same because the income is not there to fund it