Kris Doolan Testimonial

jlsarmy

Looking forward to this today. A visit to Firhill without the current toxicity is a boon in its own right let alone getting to see Dools a well desrved Testimonial.

Hopefully a good turnout and those that can't make it but a ticket online for him anyway.

He wears number 9...

• Like 1

Due to not getting a babysitter will need to take my 9 month old which will probably mean he will get bored halfway through and start crying to go home.

I heard on Facebook kris is giving half his earnings to charity. That is a truly incredible gesture- when you think there’s lots of multi millionaire players out there who don’t give a penny and Kris an honest professional with pennies compared to those guys is doing this.

truly an absolute gentleman and incredible guy

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Due to not getting a babysitter will need to take my 9 month old which will probably mean he will get bored halfway through and start crying to go home.

I heard on Facebook kris is giving half his earnings to charity. That is a truly incredible gesture- when you think there’s lots of multi millionaire players out there who don’t give a penny and Kris an honest professional with pennies compared to those guys is doing this.

truly an absolute gentleman and incredible guy

Agree TL. Don't think your 9month old will be the only one with tears in their eyes.

• Like 1

Lovely to hear Tomas Cerny getting emotional reminiscing about the top 6 finish, and Liam Lindsay saying it [the top 6] is the highlight of his career so far … also nice to see Christie Elliot back at Firhill. A good Thistle team on show [Liam Buchanan still looks sharp enough] and the Celtic team were excellent competitors.

And to make things really nice, the weather was brilliant!!

A lovely day out.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

ATS, O'Donnell flying up the wing, ball crossed over...Squiddy, Lawless and Doolan in the box. 

What a team we used to have.

That was the chat in our section too.

Great day for a great club servant and excellent turnout from Jags fans to show their appreciation. 

Also nice to see Erskine getting a chance to say a few words and for Archie and Shaggy to get a good reception. 

Well done all round. Been a while since we've had something to shout about

• Like 1

Things we learned today:

Doolan will be back.

So will Erskine.

Rowson should come out of retirement and shore up our midfield.

Tomas Cerny would waste time at the till to stop his gran buying a loaf of bread at the local corner shop.

Oh and basically everyone ever connected with Partick Thistle doesn’t have a good word to say about Gary Caldwell.

Today felt really weird. On one level it was a wonderful tribute to an amazing Thistle career. But on another level it felt like we were in some collective sense mourning something that had been lost.

I hope that feeling proves premature.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Things we learned today:

Doolan will be back.

So will Erskine.

Tomas Cerny would waste time at the till to stop his gran buying a loaf of bread at the local corner shop.

Oh and basically everyone ever connected with Partick Thistle doesn’t have a good word to say about Gary Caldwell.

Today felt really weird. On one level it was a wonderful tribute to an amazing Thistle career. But on another level it felt like we were in some collective sense mourning something that had been lost.

I felt that too today. Here's what we used to have.....

35 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Lovely to hear Tomas Cerny getting emotional reminiscing about the top 6 finish, and Liam Lindsay saying it [the top 6] is the highlight of his career so far … also nice to see Christie Elliot back at Firhill. A good Thistle team on show [Liam Buchanan still looks sharp enough] and the Celtic team were excellent competitors.

And to make things really nice, the weather was brilliant!!

A lovely day out.

I watched Christie take an eternity trying to walk up the JHS from pitchside. He got stopped at almost every row with folk wanting to take selfies and shake his hand. Brilliant servant to the club.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

That’s how i feel. Feel like ive been at a funeral. Struggled not to blubber like a baby at the end when he waving and pounding the badge. What a player. What a great team that was

33 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Things we learned today:

Doolan will be back.

So will Erskine.

Great post , only thing I would add to that is ATS is a free agent without a team , I would sign him in a minute if we could , he would walk into our team .

He’s better than anything we’ve got at the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Great post , only thing I would add to that is ATS is a free agent without a team , I would sign him in a minute if we could , he would walk into our team .

He’s better than anything we’ve got at the moment.

Agreed. Same applies to martin hardie lol. 

• Haha 1

Huge credit to the organisers. That was more than your typical testimonial and was totally befitting. Getting the promotion team , almost to a man, back together for the first and last ten minutes was fantastic. And you could still see the chemistry of a team who knew their jobs and how to work together. The opening goal, probably within the first minute of them all being back together on the pitch, was as good as anything seen at Firhill for a couple of years.

As others have said, there was a strong sense of what we have lost, and how far we have fallen. But a great day all the same, and sunny too!

Pleased for Kris. Never met him, always just admired him as a player, but sounds like he's a great guy, and very deserving.

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

It would be interesting to hear specifically who you had spoken to, or, if it was in confidence, the number of people you had spoken to.

If Gary Caldwell hadn't released Chris Erskine last season would you still hate him as much, and if not, why?

• Haha 1