Kris Doolan Testimonial

jlsarmy

I really enjoyed that.

Great atmosphere, entertainment and weather.

That promotion team.  Wow.  ATS get him back now.  I'd take them all back!  You can tell most of them have a feeling for the club but then success does that for you.  Still love them including Pates.

When Doolan thumped the badge at the end I felt something in my eye.  A superb player and person.  Someone with real passion for the club and fans.  Caldwell please follow Low out my club.

Rowson looks in some shape as does BMMMH.  Charnley and Gerry not so!  Good to see Archie and Shaggy get a warm welcome.  Agree with others though it was a tad bitter sweet.  Better times in the past but then how you get back up during adversity is a real mark of a person and club.

• Like 1

Wee bit emotional today. We went for years with just workaday players who had no feeling for the club (not a bad thing in itself, that's just football) but then to get such a squad who felt a connection...that's unusual in the modern game, especially at our level. 

PS Get ATS back.

Edited by West Ender
  • Like 1

Brilliant day out. Loved it. My daughter loved it, and she didn't even ridicule her old man for his misty eye!

Lots of the previous comments encapsulate my thoughts exactly.

This is what our club feels like, it was a good reminder because that feel good factor has been absent for quite some time.

When Caldwell inevitably eventually gets the boot, whoever is next appointed has to be someone to unify the club. Too many divisions of late - Archie, old board, Erskine, new board, takeover, Doolan, Caldwell - too many.

• Like 1

It was my first testimonial today and tbh it did feel a bit strange..in that there was no shouting 'get the finger oot ya ####' or get intae these '****'.  I agree that the overall feeling I had was sadness mixed with happiness for Kris and his family. Sadness at the players we had. We didnt know good we had it a few years ago...SOD, Taylor-Sinclair, Erskine, Lawless and Kris. Have to also say there were some good goals, we scored a few beauts as did Robson and Donata/Donati. All the best Kris. Hopefully see u and Squiddy back again.

34 minutes ago, jaf said:

Brilliant day out. Loved it. My daughter loved it, and she didn't even ridicule her old man for his misty eye!

Lots of the previous comments encapsulate my thoughts exactly.

This is what our club feels like, it was a good reminder because that feel good factor has been absent for quite some time.

When Caldwell inevitably eventually gets the boot, whoever is next appointed has to be someone to unify the club. Too many divisions of late - Archie, old board, Erskine, new board, takeover, Doolan, Caldwell - too many.

Out of likes but put perfectly mate

Very emotional day. To see that team line up at the beginning together was brilliant. What a fantastic group of players. 

Both Squiddy and Jimmy Craigen think it is still good enough to win the championship - maybe not with Archie in it mind you!

ATS says he would come back in a minute. Personally I would love to see it.

1 hour ago, milhouse said:

It would be interesting to hear specifically who you had spoken to, or, if it was in confidence, the number of people you had spoken to.

If Gary Caldwell hadn't released Chris Erskine last season would you still hate him as much, and if not, why?

Every person I spoke to, or heard talking, wants Caldwell out. Everybody.

• Like 3

Agree with what has been said by many today. Great day and delighted  for Dools. What a team that was. It really did highlight the gulf in ability, desire and drive compared to Caldwell’s motley crew.  David Beattie was there today- fingers crossed he got a similar feeling. 

Edited by ironfist

16 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Due to not getting a babysitter will need to take my 9 month old which will probably mean he will get bored halfway through and start crying to go home.

I heard on Facebook kris is giving half his earnings to charity. That is a truly incredible gesture- when you think there’s lots of multi millionaire players out there who don’t give a penny and Kris an honest professional with pennies compared to those guys is doing this.

truly an absolute gentleman and incredible guy

Kris is an amazing gent, goes about his business quietly. Thistle through & through.

I look forward to seeing him in our dugout one day.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sandy said:

Kris is an amazing gent, goes about his business quietly. Thistle through & through.

I look forward to seeing him in our dugout one day.

Out of likes, but completely agree and I definitely think he will be, maybe even soon. Yesterday in particular made me reflect a great deal on how much of a legend and miss he is.  

His release was appallingly handled by a number of people at the club, even Gerry who I have a lot of time for did not come out of it well but I thought at the time and for a while in what had been an unusually poor season from him the right decision had been made, now after serious reflection I’m thinking that maybe have been very wrong- not necessarily on football field (though head and shoulders above jones and mansell- Even though mansell is not terrible and does his best) as much as with experience passed onto younger players and being a true role model.

a true eye opener I think for me

• Like 4

17 hours ago, OAKBANK TERRACE said:

We didnt know good we had it a few years ago...SOD, Taylor-Sinclair, Erskine, Lawless and Kris.

Agree with everything except this. I think I did realise at the time that that team was special, and it was unlikely to last for a sustained period.

Bannigan is the last man standing, and despite his recent drop in form, I'll always cut him some slack because of the part he played in that team

• Like 1