Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
thebiglemon

Arbroath Friday!!!!

Recommended Posts

No idea who will win but 9/5 underdogs Arbroath are definitely good value

More points 

At home

Drew with DUFC

#valuebet

Edited by thebiglemon
Error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thebiglemon said:

No idea who will win but 9/5 underdogs Arbroath are definitely good value

More points 

At home

Drew with DUFC

#valuebet

Ahemmm ,its a  Friday night game lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ClydebankJag said:

Is this correct?

 

The Jags are on an incredible run of 25 TV games without a win and they seem to freeze in front of the cameras. And they will surely have a tough night at Gayfield.

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/football/arbroath-v-partick-team-news-match-preview-and-free-tip/399376

 

 

 

Unfortunately yes. There are precious few draws in that sequence...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, flashman said:

Unfortunately yes. There are precious few draws in that sequence...

Has anyone got the full list of the 25 games and results?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

Suffering the pain of a defeat tonight might no be so bad if it meant Caldwell being binned.

Do you really want to start the spat, about some people wanting Thistle to lose,  all over again? :wacko::crazy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, elevenone said:

Alex Jones out for 2-3months so more injury woes.  Has to be 3 points, nothing less will acceptable.

Who?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

That’s some record 

Between that and the truly dismal record against the two you-know-whos, we are definitely the biggest bottlers in Scottish football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I accept my memory might not be the best, but I'm sure I remember watching Thistle winning against Inverness and Cowdenbeath away, both live on TV, both in recent years.

And while the record is lamentable, it's probably worth pointing out that half of the 25 games were against the Old Firm. Maybe just as much of an indictment of our appalling record against them as it is of us not performing in front of the cameras.

Tonight will be different, of course.

Although I can't decide whether I'm going with "third time lucky!" or "well, what do you expect, it's Friday the 13th!"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Suffering the pain of a defeat tonight might no be so bad if it meant Caldwell being binned.

I think the pain of your posts  are generally worse than a defeat.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It felt like the North Sea had frozen.

Jags had 3 sent off.

We had a crap team.

But we prevailed gloriously to reach the next round of the Scottish Cup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Sneddon (GK)

Williamson (RB)

O’ware (CB)

Mcginty (CB)

Penrice (LB)

Palmer (DM)

Bell (DM)

De vita (AM)

Zannata (RW)

Cardle ( LW)

Miller ( ST)

I’m assuming Bannigan and Gordan can’t play or I would have Gordon in for De vita.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ClydebankJag said:

Is this correct?

 

The Jags are on an incredible run of 25 TV games without a win and they seem to freeze in front of the cameras. And they will surely have a tough night at Gayfield.

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/football/arbroath-v-partick-team-news-match-preview-and-free-tip/399376

 

 

 

We beat St. Mirren 5-0  live on BT Sports in the league cup the year we went down, so no, it’s not correct! That said it does not detract from the fact that our record on live TV is bloody horrific !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Camallain said:

We beat St. Mirren 5-0  live on BT Sports in the league cup the year we went down, so no, it’s not correct! That said it does not detract from the fact that our record on live TV is bloody horrific !

That is true. Although neither the bookie who stated it nor the table above state it, this refers to league games only (including the play-offs). There have been cup games we have won that were on TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, That 1 jags fan said:

 Sneddon (GK)

Williamson (RB)

O’ware (CB)

Mcginty (CB)

Penrice (LB)

Palmer (DM)

Bell (DM)

De vita (AM)

Zannata (RW)

Cardle ( LW)

Miller ( ST)

I’m assuming Bannigan and Gordan can’t play or I would have Gordon in for De vita.

Excuse my ignorance who's Bell? If it's the new lad, Cole then that's not a bad selection. Anyone know how the Phantom Aussie is? Anyone even know where he is? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That tv record is beyond abysmal. Even the Scotland team isn’t that bad and they’re utter dog muck. Shows what a spineless, gutless bunch of underachievers we are. A team stepped in failure with a losers mentality. Alex Jones out for 3 months. Another injury prone wage thief to add to the books along with crocodile Dundee who is so elusive I wouldn’t be certain he even exists. We are a joke of a team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, policemans whistle said:

Who the heck is Bell ?If anybody knows give us a ring!

 

Is that the guy who runs like the clappers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×