Arbroath Friday!!!!

thebiglemon

36 minutes ago, ClydebankJag said:

Is this correct?

The Jags are on an incredible run of 25 TV games without a win and they seem to freeze in front of the cameras. And they will surely have a tough night at Gayfield.

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/football/arbroath-v-partick-team-news-match-preview-and-free-tip/399376

Unfortunately yes. There are precious few draws in that sequence...

I accept my memory might not be the best, but I'm sure I remember watching Thistle winning against Inverness and Cowdenbeath away, both live on TV, both in recent years.

And while the record is lamentable, it's probably worth pointing out that half of the 25 games were against the Old Firm. Maybe just as much of an indictment of our appalling record against them as it is of us not performing in front of the cameras.

Tonight will be different, of course.

Although I can't decide whether I'm going with "third time lucky!" or "well, what do you expect, it's Friday the 13th!"...

13 hours ago, ClydebankJag said:

Is this correct?

The Jags are on an incredible run of 25 TV games without a win and they seem to freeze in front of the cameras. And they will surely have a tough night at Gayfield.

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/football/arbroath-v-partick-team-news-match-preview-and-free-tip/399376

We beat St. Mirren 5-0  live on BT Sports in the league cup the year we went down, so no, it’s not correct! That said it does not detract from the fact that our record on live TV is bloody horrific !

28 minutes ago, Camallain said:

We beat St. Mirren 5-0  live on BT Sports in the league cup the year we went down, so no, it’s not correct! That said it does not detract from the fact that our record on live TV is bloody horrific !

That is true. Although neither the bookie who stated it nor the table above state it, this refers to league games only (including the play-offs). There have been cup games we have won that were on TV.

1 hour ago, That 1 jags fan said:

Sneddon (GK)

Williamson (RB)

O’ware (CB)

Mcginty (CB)

Penrice (LB)

Palmer (DM)

Bell (DM)

De vita (AM)

Zannata (RW)

Cardle ( LW)

Miller ( ST)

I’m assuming Bannigan and Gordan can’t play or I would have Gordon in for De vita.

Excuse my ignorance who's Bell? If it's the new lad, Cole then that's not a bad selection. Anyone know how the Phantom Aussie is? Anyone even know where he is? 

That tv record is beyond abysmal. Even the Scotland team isn’t that bad and they’re utter dog muck. Shows what a spineless, gutless bunch of underachievers we are. A team stepped in failure with a losers mentality. Alex Jones out for 3 months. Another injury prone wage thief to add to the books along with crocodile Dundee who is so elusive I wouldn’t be certain he even exists. We are a joke of a team