Arbroath Friday!!!!

thebiglemon

Thistle are absolutely honking. After what is nearly a year in charge Caldwell has not improved us. We play slow one paced football, have no recognisable style of play - with the exception of square passes across the pitch. Enough is enough - Caldwell out. 

Edited by ironfist
  • Like 1

That first half reminded me of Benny Rooney’s team, total garbage, 2nd half wasn’t much better. We stole a point.

Arbroath were faster, hungrier, better organized and played the ball more accurately than us, all on a fraction of our budget and with part time players.

In a year I’d say (incredibly) we have worsened as a team since Archie was bagged.

• Like 2

Anyone who comes in here and claims an away point is decent is as deluded as the manager. We’re going nowhere other than backwards with him. Get him out now Mr Beattie. Was against the appointment when it was made and have been proven to be right. Would like some apologies from the Caldwell fan club but won’t hold my breath waiting for them.

3 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Anyone who comes in here and claims an away point is decent is as deluded as the manager. We’re going nowhere other than backwards with him. Get him out now Mr Beattie. Was against the appointment when it was made and have been proven to be right. Would like some apologies from the Caldwell fan club but won’t hold my breath waiting for them.

I'm not part of his fan club, but I backed him. Now I think he should go. No apologies.

Just now, Big Col said:

Allyo - wasn’t aimed at you mate - we’ve always had a healthy and respectful debate about all things PTFC. 

No I didn't take it as that. To be honest though, I've not really been aware of too many people who have defended Caldwell against logic.  I think there have been those who want to give him a chance and those who never liked him in the first place.

• Like 1

If David Beattie professes to love our Club as much as we do , he’ll sack Caldwell now , our season in the League is finished 2 points out of 15 .Caldwell has no excuses , he’s been backed by the Board , it’s his players , it’s his tactics , no excuses anymore.

Apathy has set in amongst the supporters, crowds are down , sponsorship is down .

Time for a change .

15 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Try not to puff yourself up any more mate. You'll burst.

• Haha 1

I'm all for playing out from the back but it can't just be playing across the back. the ball needs to move forward in and out of the opposition defensive lines. We have no pattern of play and no tactics beyond a daft corner kick routine.

Looking at the playing squad its actually pretty decent with the exception of no real CDM, only Miller as a striker and no real leader.

A competent manager capable of organising a defence would be doing much better with this squad.

We really need to get rid of GC and get McCall back. If we go for MIller it will be the equivalent of replacing Benny Rooney with Derek Johnstone

• Like 1