Arbroath Friday!!!!

thebiglemon

15 minutes ago, scotty said:

There are only two players in that team who are capable of playing the tactics that Caldwell wants. Kenny Miller and Scott Fox.  So if he's not gatting sacked and I doubt he will, then he needs to be coaching the team to their strengths.

The way we set up tonight was a nonsense , some of it dictated by Bannigans and Gordon’s suspensions .

We played 2 lightweight midfield players in Robson and Palmer with 2 wide players .

Does Caldwell not know that Arbroath were a big physical team , shove Saunders, Mcginty or O’ware into the midfield to try and match them physically, Caldwell is absolutely clueless.

That was painful. The earlier points about apathy are the most concerning though - I’ve been going to Firhill for the best part of 40 years, through Save The Jags etc, but now I’m frankly struggling to give a hoot. Such a shame, but we’ve lost our identity and become just another club. Change required.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, elevenone said:

I disagree, we have finally paid Archie off so we can sidestep those funds saved to get rid of Caldwell.  

It’s end of October before Archie’s and Scott’s pay off ends, though that’s a side issue, I think he will be given the pars game but can see why he should go tonight.

il be branded an apologist no doubt- though wasn’t my choice as McCall and Goodwin were.

however did defend him on numerous occasions but can’t defend this farce.  

15 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

If David Beattie professes to love our Club as much as we do , he’ll sack Caldwell now , our season in the League is finished 2 points out of 15 .Caldwell has no excuses , he’s been backed by the Board , it’s his players , it’s his tactics , no excuses anymore.

Apathy has set in amongst the supporters, crowds are down , sponsorship is down .

Time for a change .

Kind of get the impression apathy is with Beattie as well, clearly intending his return to be brief anyway 

We were atrocious.

Robson, Cardle, Penrice and the Central Defenders were a disgrace and the others not much better.

However we had 2 making league debuts and 2 suspended. We were better after the break so I think we should allow Caldwell the Pars home game before sacking him. It’s a must win for him though.

1 minute ago, Weebaw1 said:

We were atrocious.

Robson, Cardle, Penrice and the Central Defenders were a disgrace and the others not much better.

However we had 2 making league debuts and 2 suspended. We were better after the break so I think we should allow Caldwell the Pars home game before sacking him. It’s a must win for him though.

We’ve got 2 points out of 15 , no promotion this season and it’s not even October, why delay the inevitable, we’ve got to turn out Club around , supporters are stopping going to games now etc etc .

With the right people in charge, it can happen ( not speculative investment companies )

Caldwell must go, 2 out of 15 is totally unacceptable, no more excuses.

If the current board will not do it, time for a change has come.

Where is Chien Lee ?

If Mr Lee is not coming, sign the club over to the fans.

Who should replace Caldwell, I would love McCall /Doolan but that is not happening anytime soon.

Kenny Miller is worth a try until the end of the season at least he shows passion and fight and indeed knows how to score goals.

Totally brassed off tonight, we have played 2 part time teams and have amassed 2 points, but we have had a great week training, boys are raring to go, lots of positives to take on to Dunfermline, ha ha

11 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

We were atrocious.

And here’s a typical GC apologist. Stop making excuses. He’s had enough chances. He doesn’t deserve another game. He’s not up to the job. Serial loser. Get him sacked first thing tomorrow.

• Like 5

I'd love to hear from someone how they think GC turns this around?

By turn it around I'm not talking about getting off the bottom of the league, I'm talking about getting us in the top 4.

I can't see any way in which he does this. The defensive organisation is worse than when Archie was in charge and he's never really sorted out the centre of midfield so after 2 transfer windows the core of the team is still rotten and his coaching methods are not improving the players. Good players such as Cardle, O'Ware, Penrice and Bannigan look poorer and as much as Zanatta has promise how long will it before GC's coaching takes the creativity out of him?

Why he started Robson ( a left back)tonight in midfield when he had De Vita (an actual midfielder) available was daft. Palmer is too raw to be playing every game but he's not signed anyone else that can tackle in midfield so he keeps starting him.

Kakay looked good going forward but not a lot better than Williamson defensively so hes now had 2 gos at recruiting a rightback but failed to get one that can actually defend.

Cole looked decent but ending up having to play long diagonals all the time as no one was moving in midfield or trying to get beyod Miller when he dropped deep.

I'm beginning to think Mansell isn't a footballer. His touch for the goal was I think the only time he actually played the ball to a Thistle player and if you watch carefully I don't think he meant to lay it off for Miller.

He needs to go. He should have gone after the Morton debacle.

He needs to go im actually depressed i moaned about Archies constant use of the 4-2-3-1 now.. weve tried every ******* shape under the sun with constant change of player. He started with saunders mcginty.. recently decided hall should start then changed it again tonight. Midfield is constantly all over the place one week miller starts left wing next hes number ten and tonight hes a striker again.  

Robson again he doesnt know what to do with.

Cardle is constantly wasted the way he plays him.

We have 2 players who like to run at people am i being naive saying start with the basics ? 4-4-2   and let the wingers get balls in the box? Its genuinley like watching a kid play champ manager

1 minute ago, Winter of '63 said:

The 5-1 defeat at Cappielow last November?

In my opinion he should have been canned after the 5-1 defeat as the changes he made at halftime were incompetent.

However I was reffering to the 3-2 capitulation a few weeks ago.

We look at best like we are in for another season of trying to avoid the drop. We were told that last year was like that as he had to sign his own players and we see a difference this year. Well he has his own players brought in to play his tactics and the difference isn't positive.

Caldwell is suffocating this team with his big heided footballing philosophy ego. Everyone and their dug knew tonight was going to be a battle but he didny change his game plan according to who or where we are playing. In the first half they had the wind and were punting high balls in the box, shooting on sight and hitting every corner right on top of the defence and it was causing absolute chaos to our defence. Then second half we just keep playing the same way with the tippy tappy crap, why is he not using the wind to our advantage and telling players to have a dig or load the box at corners and free kicks, not surprisingly none of our players could get the ball by the first man when we tried it. We are just hopeless, going nowhere with a manager who thinks he knows what he’s doing but is totally out his depth, I think Caldwell thinks he has to be smart and come up with a tactical masterplan every game to win, its really the other way about, just play to our strengths, no messing about with fancy passing or possession fitbaw, just get the baw in the net, he’s over complicating a bloody simple game with all his bullsh1t terminology. GTF Caldwell.

2 minutes ago, laukat said:

In my opinion he should have been canned after the 5-1 defeat as the changes he made at halftime were incompetent.

However I was reffering to the 3-2 capitulation a few weeks ago.

We look at best like we are in for another season of trying to avoid the drop. We were told that last year was like that as he had to sign his own players and we see a difference this year. Well he has his own players brought in to play his tactics and the difference isn't positive.

I had reached the conclusion that Caldwell was not up to the job after the 5-1 defeat at Cappielow...I have seen nothing since then to change my mind.

1 hour ago, allyo said:

No I didn't take it as that. To be honest though, I've not really been aware of too many people who have defended Caldwell against logic.  I think there have been those who want to give him a chance and those who never liked him in the first place.

I have never liked him as a person but thought we should support him as the manager of our Club. I now think he should be sacked asap.

No apology though. Whoever replaces him will get my total support until and unless he too mucks it up.