Arbroath Friday!!!!

thebiglemon

We are paying Caldwell for being a failure. The old management team were sacked for getting 9 points from 8 games which was not going to win promotion. Caldwell was brought in to win us promotion last season. Some on this forum defended him saying he had to get rid of Archie's duds. He has had two transfer windows and  he now has his own team, who have  the grand total of 2 points from 5 games. Have we really given a manager who has been a serial loser for most off his managerial career a contract that means we would have to pay a fortune if he failed yet again?

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

We are paying Caldwell for being a failure. The old management team were sacked for getting 9 points from 8 games which was not going to win promotion. Caldwell was brought in to win us promotion last season. Some on this forum defended him saying he had to get rid of Archie's duds. He has had two transfer windows and  he now has his own team, who have  the grand total of 2 points from 5 games. Have we really given a manager who has been a serial loser for most off his managerial career a contract that means we would have to pay a fortune if he failed yet again?

Out of likes

41 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Much as I thought it was time for Archie to go when he did ( maybe even a bit before that) it would be hard to argue that we'd be any worse off if he'd stayed. Not a plea for him to come back, mind you.

Though we may have saved some money on Caldwell's duds.

My stomach turns at the though of the sh1te he'll be spouting tomorrow as 'post-match analysis'.

I’ve never once called for Caldwell’s head and have always been one to say I’ll give him the chance but I am now at the end of my patience , enough is enough Caldwell is clearly not up to it simple as that. I believe we genuinely have a very decent squad on our hands at this level and a better squad than most teams in this league. That to me means there’s only one place our problem lies and that’s with Caldwell clearly. Get him out absolutely ASAP and get someone else in. Any decent manager who can get us organised should have enough time to try and recover or salvage any slim chance of a play of bid Caldwell May have left us with.

10 hours ago, Rezjag said:

Some of the most ridiculous corners I've seen. Their second goal should have stood and came straight from us messing around with a corner instead of just getting it into the box...

Is the rule now that only the person the ball is played to is offside ?

There was an Arbroath player in the middle of the box who was beyond our defence - just.

4 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

Not yet. I keep checking the Twitter page in hope. Enough is enough and last night has to be an end point surely.

Thing is I'm not sure if I heard much anti-Caldwell noise from the Thistle fans there last night. There was booing at the end of each half, but no "Caldwell get to f**ks". Perhaps there was and it didn't come across on TV, though we heard plenty of singing. Are the people who were there not as fed up with him as we are?

1 minute ago, West of Scotland said:

Thing is I'm not sure if I heard much anti-Caldwell noise from the Thistle fans there last night. There was booing at the end of each half, but no "Caldwell get to f**ks". Perhaps there was and it didn't come across on TV, though we heard plenty of singing. Are the people who were there not as fed up with him as we are?

I think it's a real sign that folk are getting really apathetic about it now. We've passed the angry phase.

I met GC at Firhill a few weeks ago at hospitality and he seems a decent bloke but this can't go on.

• Like 1