Arbroath Friday!!!!

thebiglemon

My opinion of the manager aside this is a Thistle performance that screams to me that players are having a style of play imposed upon them. Everything looks forced and un-cohesive.

Arbroath look like a side with an identity they are playing to their strengths. We have no identity or are unable to play in a manner which matches what the manager  thinks it should be. 

If we lose this game the whole idea of “we are a team who pass it out from the back no matter what” has to be torn up. 

Personally and perhaps more effectively id rather right now we were a team who play to the wide players quickly and encourage our team who with the best will in the world cannot defend well right now to retain the ball and play in the last 3rd of the opposition half, even driving at players and picking up free kicks would help more (seems simple)

as i write this - miller scores 1-1 almost from exactly what i describe above.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Firhill Pie said:

My opinion of the manager aside this is a Thistle performance that screams to me that players are having a style of play imposed upon them. Everything looks forced and un-cohesive.

Arbroath look like a side with an identity they are playing to their strengths. We have no identity or are unable to play in a manner which matches what the manager  thinks it should be. 

If we lose this game the whole idea of “we are a team who pass it out from the back no matter what” has to be torn up. 

Personally and perhaps more effectively id rather right now we were a team who play to the wide players quickly and encourage our team who with the best will in the world cannot defend well right now to retain the ball and play in the last 3rd of the opposition half, even driving at players and picking up free kicks would help more (seems simple)

as i write this - miller scores 1-1 almost from exactly what i describe above.

The style of play changes every game.. he doesnt know our best 11 and thinks hes clever enough to be some sort of tactician over complicating the way we play instead of building solid relationships between players .. zero consistency.. ps palmers just  wee boy

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

The style of play changes every game.. he doesnt know our best 11 and thinks hes clever enough to be some sort of tactician over complicating the way we play instead of building solid relationships between players .. zero consistency.. ps palmers just  wee boy

Agreed 

Palmer can play but need an assured presence beside him to take some pressure off.