Caldwell Sacked

javeajag

5 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

It's perhaps just as important that the Board have contingency already in place. Also preferable imo that whoever comes in has a firm understanding of the Club. Others will argue that an appointment of somebody with no connection to the Club would be a more objective solution. Just feel that the balance has swung too far in one direction and requires correcting. 

Wouldn't be surprised if the great atmosphere/emotion etc surrounding Sunday's testimonial didn't play an element in the decision making. By that I mean the timing as opposed to the near inevitability of the decision. I sense when you get a high proportion of the normal home fan turnout attending a testimonial of an ex player it's bound to register.

i would agree.  i will be back on saturday.

Yes!! Please go and get Ian McCall with Doolan as his assistant. It would bring a feel good factor back to the club thats been missing since we finished top 6

On a personal basis I feel sorry for anyone losing their job but Caldwell was just never a football manager. Whoever did the hiring should have listened to what the Chesterfield and Wigan board and fans thought before taking him on.

1 minute ago, laukat said:

Yes!! Please go and get Ian McCall with Doolan as his assistant. It would bring a feel good factor back to the club thats been missing since we finished top 6

On a personal basis I feel sorry for anyone losing their job but Caldwell was just never a football manager. Whoever did the hiring should have listened to what the Chesterfield and Wigan board and fans thought before taking him on.

Couldn't agree more. Never had any issue with GC as a person, he has a good critical analytical understanding of football, is articulate (by comparison with most footballers), and should make a good career in sports media.

Just never a people person in the performance management sense, too much of a David Brent: 3 wins out of 29 games screams how poor a judge was the person who employed him (now also, thankfully, departed).

I've said it elsewhere, so I'll say it here, too...the last year has been f*cking mental, so let's hope this is the first step towards stability. 

I backed Caldwell's appointment and willed him to turn things around, but it was becoming more and more reminiscent of the Dick Campbell era. Friday's game was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Add to that the takeover saga and infighting (guilty as charged) and it's no surprise that some of us were a little...distracted.

I'm looking forward to regaining and maintaining my focus on supporting the team.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

I've said it elsewhere, so I'll say it here, too...the last year has been f*cking mental, so let's hope this is the first step towards stability. 

I backed Caldwell's appointment and willed him to turn things around, but it was becoming more and more reminiscent of the Dick Campbell era. Friday's game was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Add to that the takeover saga and infighting (guilty as charged) and it's no surprise that some of us were a little...distracted.

I'm looking forward to regaining and maintaining my focus on supporting the team.

This ^

Time for everyone to unite. Hopefully we’ll see an appointment that’s received well by us all. We desperately need a feelgood factor back at games. 

• Like 3