Caldwell Sacked

javeajag

2 minutes ago, Grubber8468 said:

whilst he did leave under a very dark cloud, the team built by McNamara was the best for many a year (although archie did teach them how to win away from home in his first season)!

not sure of his track record down south after he left Dundee utd but would be happy if he is announced later today

A subtle reference to his fare dodging offence?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Grubber8468 said:

whilst he did leave under a very dark cloud, the team built by McNamara was the best for many a year (although archie did teach them how to win away from home in his first season)!

not sure of his track record down south after he left Dundee utd but would be happy if he is announced later today

His managerial track record is pretty average at best 

5 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Haven't read the thread, so forgive me if I'm repeating anything.

Anyone think that Sunday's events may have pushed this decision?

Would have been nice, as that would show an intention for us as a club going forward, but I think the next statement might reveal more to it.

Looks like a further announcement is due today then......From the BBC " Their next match is against Dunfermline at Firhill on Saturday, with Thistle saying a further update is to come on Wednesday".

So someone who is not working for another club at the moment or maybe Miller as interim?

12 minutes ago, javeajag said:

His managerial track record is pretty average at best 

He's been our best manager in 40 years.

Put the best team I've seen since Park, Melrose, Houston et al on the park.

I know it's not a popular opinion on here because of the way he left, which admittedly was not great, but Sunday brought some more important things to the fore.

There’s probably nothing in it but McNamara was a good manager for us. I don’t think he’d have won the league last time FWIW but he did a lot of the assembling of a squad that would go through brick walls for each other, and unlike Caldwell is genuinely respected for his playing career and seemed to make mediocre players good.

After a bit of time out of the game, I would be far from despondent if he came back. With any luck he would bring the style and approach to football games and squad balance (youth and experience) that he moulded in the latter part of the 2011-12 and then the first half of the 2012-13 seasons.

He was clearly a sound enough guy with Doolan’s testimonial.

Would say much about Beattie if Ratnamarra was to return. Frankly I think carrying out due diligence on Jackie's contract would be a lengthier and trickier process than the one on our prospective buyers. 

Would like a situation where Doolan returns as assistant manager if that includes youth coaching.

11 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

There’s probably nothing in it but McNamara was a good manager for us. I don’t think he’d have won the league last time FWIW but he did a lot of the assembling of a squad that would go through brick walls for each other, and unlike Caldwell is genuinely respected for his playing career and seemed to make mediocre players good.

After a bit of time out of the game, I would be far from despondent if he came back. With any luck he would bring the style and approach to football games and squad balance (youth and experience) that he moulded in the latter part of the 2011-12 and then the first half of the 2012-13 seasons.

He was clearly a sound enough guy with Doolan’s testimonial.

He was sacked from DU, took York City down and ended up as CEO when they couldn't afford to sack him and is now working as a consultant at Dunfermline. Look how well they're doing.

The news that Caldwell has been sacked is the best news to come out of Firhill since the news that Low had been removed as chairman.

I for one am not at all sorry to see him sacked. Serial loser who should never have been employed in the first place. No ideas of how to play and a record of signing meh players.

Im just surprised that it took till today for them to fire him. Should have been out the door after the FT whistle on Friday at Arbroath.

• Like 1