Caldwell Sacked

javeajag

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Haven't read the thread, so forgive me if I'm repeating anything.

Anyone think that Sunday's events may have pushed this decision?

LIB mentioned it previously and I actually thought it on Sunday. It was so far removed from the misery of the last couple of years that it put it all into sharper focus.

May also have been an opportunity to sound some people out.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

He's been our best manager in 40 years.

Put the best team I've seen since Park, Melrose, Houston et al on the park.

I know it's not a popular opinion on here because of the way he left, which admittedly was not great, but Sunday brought some more important things to the fore.

I was referring to his overall record as a manager which is not great to say the least 

Absolutely the right decision - his approach to the job has been questionable from the outset - almost designed to alienate both supporters and players. The timing is weird though - less than a month after the closure of the transfer window where he completed building his team - quite ironic really.

It'll be a tough ask for the incoming manager, and we may need to accept another transition season.

4 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

Mc Call and Doolan. Please.

Doolan wouldn't be able to play until January if this did happen.

Suspect it'll be a crowd-pleasing appointment given the division of the fans recently therefore McCall / Lennon or maybe at an absolute push Stephen Craigan - yes he's inexperienced at 1st team level but so were McNamara and Archibald (both of their ships have sailed imo). 

Some of the other names on the McBookie "next manager odds" list would keep you awake at night- Jim McIntyre or Mark McGhee ffs.

4 minutes ago, Ancipital said:

Doolan wouldn't be able to play until January if this did happen.

Suspect it'll be a crowd-pleasing appointment given the division of the fans recently therefore McCall / Lennon or maybe at an absolute push Stephen Craigan - yes he's inexperienced at 1st team level but so were McNamara and Archibald (both of their ships have sailed imo). 

Some of the other names on the McBookie "next manager odds" list would keep you awake at night- Jim McIntyre or Mark McGhee ffs.

Derek Adams on there too. Could be a good option but definitely not going to win a popularity contest.