Caldwell Sacked

javeajag

11 hours ago, sandy said:

Shelley Kerr would be a great appointment.

How can you possiubly say that?

She could well turn out to be hugely succesful but she is unproven and would be a big gamble.

For you to just blindly say she would be a "great appointment" with no qulifications or conditions attached to that statement, is plain stupid.

How to weed the modern day trendies out from the crowd - Shelley Kerr indeed! Think Jim Oliver should come back and we should employ a one eyed black lesbian saxaphone player - why? because it is popular choice to appoint anyone non male and straight into positions these days and anyone who dares say otherwise is a sexist homophobic pig am i right?.

Edited by Pinhead
  • Downvote 2

The fact sandy thinks Shelly Kerr would be a great appointment says it all. A slaverer who spouts nothing but drivel on here. I’d be as well coming on here saying my 3 year old Yorkshire terrier would be a great appointment. He’s got as much experience managing a men’s football team as Kerr has. Namely, none. She could get a chance managing the under 13s but to suggest she might be the one to guide us out of the shit we’re in is as ridiculous as it gets

• Downvote 2

27 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

How to weed the modern day trendies out from the crowd - Shelley Kerr indeed! Think Jim Oliver should come back and we should employ a one eyed black lesbian saxaphone player - why? because it is popular choice to appoint anyone non male and straight into positions these days and anyone who dares say otherwise is a sexist homophobic pig am i right?.

Hm. I'm torn between thinking it doesn't make someone a sexist homophobic pig, but reckoning you may well be.

There are women members I know of on this forum. They don't post. They may not even visit the site anymore. Frankly, I wouldn't blame them but I would be saddened. There may be others that do that I am unaware of. This is a football forum for fans of football regardless of gender. It is not an antiquated gentlemen's club. If you don't like that then perhaps you should find a darker corner somewhere to post your shite.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kingleo said:

The fact sandy thinks Shelly Kerr would be a great appointment says it all. A slaverer who spouts nothing but drivel on here. I’d be as well coming on here saying my 3 year old Yorkshire terrier would be a great appointment. He’s got as much experience managing a men’s football team as Kerr has. Namely, none. She could get a chance managing the under 13s but to suggest she might be the one to guide us out of the shit we’re in is as ridiculous as it gets

Not so much a King as a Knave

Kerr has  managed a male team. She managed Stirling University in the Lowland league.

10 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

There are women members I know of on this forum. They don't post. They may not even visit the site anymore. Frankly, I wouldn't blame them but I would be saddened. There may be others that do that I am unaware of. This is a football forum for fans of football regardless of gender. It is not an antiquated gentlemen's club. If you don't like that then perhaps you should find a darker corner somewhere to post your shite.

Well said BB. 

And you are wrong. Shelley has managed a male team, your terrier hasn’t 

1 hour ago, Emsca said:

How can you possiubly say that?

She could well turn out to be hugely succesful but she is unproven and would be a big gamble.

For you to just blindly say she would be a "great appointment" with no qulifications or conditions attached to that statement, is plain stupid.

Emsca, it’s a forum. It’s all about opinions 

Not really seeing how not wanting Shelley Kerr as our next manager is sexist? I’m sure those who do not want her as manager do not want her due or her being totally inexperienced and unsuitable for the position. Not because she’s a woman.

Only on a Thistle  forum can people claim to be offended by things that aren’t there. Jeez.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

you love being offended don't you? it is actually folk like you who are the problem and keeping women down by treating them like some kind of person who needs to be protected. women can and do give as good as they get and the always offended brigade like yourself are the ones actually keeping them in the dark ages by thinking they need protected all the time. I am sure there are many men who do not post or visit the site anymore and would also be saddened that you may be unaware of but that does not suit your PC agenda does it?

37 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Not really seeing how not wanting Shelley Kerr as our next manager is sexist? I’m sure those who do not want her as manager do not want her due or her being totally inexperienced and unsuitable for the position. Not because she’s a woman.

Only on a Thistle  forum can people claim to be offended by things that aren’t there. Jeez.

out of likes but spot on!

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Emsca, it’s a forum. It’s all about opinions 

I could accept Shellety Kerr would be a great appointment in my opinion  because.??????????????????????????????????????????

but to just put out a statement like that with no justification is , as I said, plain stupid.

How easily some people show their true colours.

It's funny how those who throw around terms like "snowflake" so quickly take offence themselves, and find themselves just having to reply to every single imagined slight against them, and unfortunately for them, exposing their own fragility in doing so.

There's nothing scarier than the agenda against men, is there lads?

Have at it, Reply Guys.

11 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

How easily some people show their true colours.

It's funny how those who throw around terms like "snowflake" so quickly take offence themselves, and find themselves just having to reply to every single imagined slight against them, and unfortunately for them, exposing their own fragility in doing so.

There's nothing scarier than the agenda against men, is there lads?

Have at it, Reply Guys.

yes it is and you have shown yours, keep on keeping women down and treating them like they need to always be protected when they don't. but if it suits your superiority complex to do so then don't let me stop you trying to make yourself feel good.

who said there was an agenda against men? once again mass hysterics from the snowflakes, dry yer eyes!

Eh.  I find people who throw around the term “snowflakes” usually are ones who don’t deal with change very well.

Definitely not sexist to not want Shelley Kerr as a manager.  Didn’t think Kingleo’s argument was sexist at all - comparing a Kerr appointment to a Yorkie’s isn’t exactly flattering but it was in regards to experience at least.  Judge the person on her merits - that’s fine.  She shouldn’t get special treatment due to her gender.

But simply deriding it as “trendy” with no specific objections to her qualifications and then expanding it to “popular choice” to appoint those “non-male and straight into positions these days” just smacks of fear/frustration about how the world is now and how it ain’t the world you grew up in.

Who’s to say we can afford Shelley Kerr anyway.

• Like 1

Snowflakes, how very cutting.

It is absolutely nothing to do with protecting women or giving them special treatment.  The ‘humour’ displays values that belong in the 18th Century or in some supporters of both halves of the arse cheeks.

This is Thistle, we are an inclusive club. Deal with it lads. 

Edited by sandy