Caldwell Sacked

javeajag

5 hours ago, allyo said:

I think he could do better. Aberdeen maybe? Or Hearts or Hibs. Surely one of them will be coming soon.

He's very much in the situation that McInnes was; successful in Scotland, initially did okay in England but the club's mess caught up with him. I think he'll still be highly rated.

Maybe Caldwell just has to convince them that he was unfairly treated by his last club. New board, budget slashed. Sacked when he was on the brink of League Cup glory. Sure he could make a case.

I never quite understood what he did to get the Sunderland job to be honest. he won the championship for St M, but that isn’t a huge achievement. Archie did more in his first few years, the Ross County guys won the championship at the first time of asking, Martin Canning arguably achieved more over a longer period. Strange how some managers are perceived

2 hours ago, jaggy said:

I never quite understood what he did to get the Sunderland job to be honest. he won the championship for St M, but that isn’t a huge achievement. Archie did more in his first few years, the Ross County guys won the championship at the first time of asking, Martin Canning arguably achieved more over a longer period. Strange how some managers are perceived

PowerPoint presentation swayed it perhaps? 

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...
30 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Hope he's good at gardening.

Bet he's got all the kit, read all the books and thinks he can garden using his own ideas, but the place is currently an absolute mess!! Grass on the shed roof and plants growing in the trees but it'll all come right soon, he's still aiming for gold at this year's Chelsea garden show.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sb1876 said:

Bet he's got all the kit, read all the books and thinks he can garden using his own ideas, but the place is currently an absolute mess!! Grass on the shed roof and plants growing in the trees but it'll all come right soon, he's still aiming for gold at this year's Chelsea garden show.

maybe he's given his tulips an envelope each and asked them to write down the other ten tulips they'd want beside them in the flower bed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I doubt GC has a future in football management, and it would be nice if someone took him aside and explained this.

I took him aside, he could have gave me the answer i wanted but decided to go with it his own way lol - Gary knows best lol

On 5/17/2020 at 8:50 PM, Garscube Road End said:

Well. At least Caldwell actually won some games after the January transfer window. 

Just a shame he only ever won one league game before a January transfer window in his entire tenure at Thistle, losing 10 and drawing 3.

Point per game required this season to avoid relegation: >1

Points per game required this season to avoid play-offs: >1.1

Points per game acquired by Gary Caldwell 2019-20: 0.4

Points per game acquired by Ian McCall for Thistle in 2019-20: 1.14

Points per game acquired by Gary Caldwell in his entire Thistle tenure: 1.125

The best thing Gary Caldwell can say about himself in management is that he's mates with Scott McDonald.

Edited by Woodstock Jag
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

I see that the BBC are using Caldwell as a pundit for the Arbroath   v  Hearts game tomorrow evening.

Will he use PowerPoint presentations?  Will faux SAS kidnap other punters?  Will he just show blank envelopes for the team line ups?

I don't usually watch TV apart from news programmes, but my curiosity makes this unmissable!!

7 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I see that the BBC are using Caldwell as a pundit for the Arbroath   v  Hearts game tomorrow evening.

Will he use PowerPoint presentations?  Will faux SAS kidnap other punters?  Will he just show blank envelopes for the team line ups?

I don't usually watch TV apart from news programmes, but my curiosity makes this unmissable!!

Arbroath, where he had his last game as Thistle manager.

3 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I wonder how much ex-Parkheid/Ibrox players, usually failed managers, get for this kind of stint.

My guess: several annual licence fees. Great value for money, eh?

5 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Shame on you bumping this thread.  Had panic attack seeing his name again.   Hope it’s a windy cold one up there tmrw (although isn’t it always?) and he forgets to pack his tanktop.

9 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Shame on you bumping this thread.  Had panic attack seeing his name again.   Hope it’s a windy cold one up there tmrw (although isn’t it always?) and he forgets to pack his tanktop.

I did feel bad resurrecting  that name again.  But I couldn't resist!  At least if  its as windy as it was when the Jags played  & lost there, the BBC can put him downwind of the mics, & blissfully,  we won't hear him rabbit on. Just see his lips move. :sarcastic:

On 5/17/2020 at 3:17 PM, sb1876 said:

I imagine he tries to grow tropical plants in Manchester because he’s read about doing this, he keeps buying more and more expensive tropical plants as the others that die didn’t buy into his ideas. He’s also bought a very expensive biannual which has now flowered, and stopped his garden being a complete disaster, but won’t last much longer as it’s on it’s last season

• Like 1