Caldwell Sacked

javeajag

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:49 PM, West of Scotland said:

Yes, I think we can all agree we have to get the right replacement. You'd have to be somewhat perverse to want the wrong person.

I notice Gerry Britton has mentioned on a few occasions about getting the right one in. Is he also wrong to use that phrase?

Long term strategy required to turn this around i believe, i’d genuinely love to see someone from the Dortmund academy come over and revolutionise our team implementing that type of philosophy and managing our first team too. Michael Skibbe i believe the guy is called. 

I can but dream of us putting the financial package together to achieve this at our club! 

12 hours ago, Jag said:

Shelley Kerr is not going to be manager of Partick Thistle so can you all just stop talking about it please.

The vast majority of people we are speaking about are not going to be Thistle manager. And Shelley Kerr adds an element to the discussion that others don't bring.

So naw

13 hours ago, Blackpool Jags said:

It's intangible, but it exists. It was demonstrated at various times over the years by teams put out on the park by eg Davie McParland, John Lambie and to some extent by Bertie Auld and Archie in the earlier part of his tenure. 

I think a lot of Jags fans understand what is meant by the term. 

We are the only support who could come up with the chant " Big Mad Mental Martin Hardie " and make it sound good 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

For every Kenny Dalglish, Graeme Souness, Pep Guardiola and Antonio Conte there are a multitude of failures who played at a high level such as Willie Miller, Derek Johnstone, Murdo MacLeod, Roy Aitken. John Greig and Gary Caldwell (and that's just in Scotland - other countries will have their own examples).

Sandy Clark, Peter. Cormack, Derek Whyte...

There's a common factor among many of them... :unsure:

13 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Preparing for his next interview. Any club who takes him on deserves everything they get. He should come with a warning,'This manager will damage your club'. Watched his legacy today. Only signs players with a certain character.:help:

An absolute requirement would be to interview him in a field where he has no access to a 13 amp socket.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, allyo said:

So let's say McCall was the right man all along...

But he'd never have directly replaced his good mate Archie.

At least Caldwell served a purpose. :thumbsup2:

It's been a rough ride. I thought Caldwell should've been sacked after the game up at Dingwall last December. Just about time to get a new manager in and have at least part of the January window. When that didn't happen I felt we had to give him the rest of the season.

Had he gone after the County match I don't think it's a wild assumption to believe that McCall or whoever we chose would have not been able to sign McDonald. Regardless of who our manager was I doubt we'd have been able to stay up without Scott. So I'm glad I didn't get my wish back then.

Never wish the Jags to lose but a defeat to Queens on the last day of the season (we'd still have avoided the relegation play offs) might just have been enough even for Jacqui Low and we could have replaced Caldwell during the closed season. 

Just got to hope we're not too late for this season.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

50 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

It's been a rough ride. I thought Caldwell should've been sacked after the game up at Dingwall last December. Just about time to get a new manager in and have at least part of the January window. When that didn't happen I felt we had to give him the rest of the season.

Had he gone after the County match I don't think it's a wild assumption to believe that McCall or whoever we chose would have not been able to sign McDonald. Regardless of who our manager was I doubt we'd have been able to stay up without Scott. So I'm glad I didn't get my wish back then.

Never wish the Jags to lose but a defeat to Queens on the last day of the season (we'd still have avoided the relegation play offs) might just have been enough even for Jacqui Low and we could have replaced Caldwell during the closed season. 

Just got to hope we're not too late for this season.

I hope it’s not late either, LiB. He has a massive task to sort out a fragile squad of varying quality who are low on confidence. Getting us out of the bottom two before probably would count as initial success. 

Is there any possibiliry we can draw a line under this and stop with all the personal insults. He was a poor manager for us but some of the personal attacks on Caldwell are just below dignified. No doubt we'll continue to blame him for our bad performances for some time to come but making up personality traits just to emphasise dislike for him serves no-one well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Neither was Jack the Ripper.

Struggling a bit to envisage Jack the Ripper actually had a good side. However, I suppose......

1/ He didn't hand the citizens of Whitechapel an envelope each and ask them to pick their victims.

2/ He didn't get special forces to first torture them before littering remote parts of Argyllshire with their bodies.

3/ Neither did he abduct his unfortunate prey and bore them into submission with a lengthy detailed presentation of just how good a murderer he was. 

4/ Sheer conjecture here as not much is really known about the Ripper, but there's no evidence whatsoever to suggest that given the opportunity he would've played Christie Elliott at ******* centre back at Cappielow. 

• Haha 5