Jump to content

javeajag

Caldwell Sacked

Recommended Posts

whilst he did leave under a very dark cloud, the team built by McNamara was the best for many a year (although archie did teach them how to win away from home in his first season)!

not sure of his track record down south after he left Dundee utd but would be happy if he is announced later today

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grubber8468 said:

whilst he did leave under a very dark cloud, the team built by McNamara was the best for many a year (although archie did teach them how to win away from home in his first season)!

not sure of his track record down south after he left Dundee utd but would be happy if he is announced later today

 

A subtle reference to his fare dodging offence?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Grubber8468 said:

whilst he did leave under a very dark cloud, the team built by McNamara was the best for many a year (although archie did teach them how to win away from home in his first season)!

not sure of his track record down south after he left Dundee utd but would be happy if he is announced later today

 

His managerial track record is pretty average at best 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Haven't read the thread, so forgive me if I'm repeating anything.

Anyone think that Sunday's events may have pushed this decision?

Think it was happening before that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Haven't read the thread, so forgive me if I'm repeating anything.

Anyone think that Sunday's events may have pushed this decision?

Would have been nice, as that would show an intention for us as a club going forward, but I think the next statement might reveal more to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a further announcement is due today then......From the BBC " Their next match is against Dunfermline at Firhill on Saturday, with Thistle saying a further update is to come on Wednesday".

 So someone who is not working for another club at the moment or maybe Miller as interim?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, javeajag said:

His managerial track record is pretty average at best 

He's been our best manager in 40 years.

Put the best team I've seen since Park, Melrose, Houston et al on the park.

I know it's not a popular opinion on here because of the way he left, which admittedly was not great, but Sunday brought some more important things to the fore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I missing something? I assume all this talk about MacNamara coming back is a joke, right?

We all know what happened at York City, right?

Edited by Firhillista

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s probably nothing in it but McNamara was a good manager for us. I don’t think he’d have won the league last time FWIW but he did a lot of the assembling of a squad that would go through brick walls for each other, and unlike Caldwell is genuinely respected for his playing career and seemed to make mediocre players good.

After a bit of time out of the game, I would be far from despondent if he came back. With any luck he would bring the style and approach to football games and squad balance (youth and experience) that he moulded in the latter part of the 2011-12 and then the first half of the 2012-13 seasons.

He was clearly a sound enough guy with Doolan’s testimonial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would say much about Beattie if Ratnamarra was to return. Frankly I think carrying out due diligence on Jackie's contract would be a lengthier and trickier process than the one on our prospective buyers. 

Would like a situation where Doolan returns as assistant manager if that includes youth coaching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

There’s probably nothing in it but McNamara was a good manager for us. I don’t think he’d have won the league last time FWIW but he did a lot of the assembling of a squad that would go through brick walls for each other, and unlike Caldwell is genuinely respected for his playing career and seemed to make mediocre players good.

After a bit of time out of the game, I would be far from despondent if he came back. With any luck he would bring the style and approach to football games and squad balance (youth and experience) that he moulded in the latter part of the 2011-12 and then the first half of the 2012-13 seasons.

He was clearly a sound enough guy with Doolan’s testimonial.

He was sacked from DU, took York City down and ended up as CEO when they couldn't afford to sack him and is now working as a consultant at Dunfermline. Look how well they're doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The news that Caldwell has been sacked is the best news to come out of Firhill since the news that Low had been removed as chairman.

I for one am not at all sorry to see him sacked. Serial loser who should never have been employed in the first place. No ideas of how to play and a record of signing meh players.

Im just surprised that it took till today for them to fire him. Should have been out the door after the FT whistle on Friday at Arbroath.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×