Dunfermline Game

Lambies Lost Doo

What's the team?  I'm struggling as there is no settled team (thanks Gary).

Sneddon GK

Williamson RB

O'Ware CH

McGinty CH

Penrice LB

Bannigan CM

Gordon CM

De Vita RM

Cardle #10

Zanatta LM

Miller CF

I'm writing this but stil not really into this team.  It's been so all over the place.  Should O'Ware be pushed in as a DM with Hall or  Saunders as a CH?  Do we have suspensions?

For me, it should be -

Fox  - we'd have lost last Friday but for him - Caldwell was rightly criticised for chopping and changing, so Fox should retain his place, I think.

Kakay - did enough after a difficult start to suggest he's a stronger defensive option than Williamson and handy going forward too.

O'Ware and McGinty in central defence.

Penrice.

Bannigan and Palmer as holding midfielders.

Gordon in central midfield to make the most of his runs into the box.

Millar as chief striker and moany bugger.

Cardle on the left wing, where he's most effective. Zanatta on the right pretending to be Dennis McQuade...

5-0 Thistle.

2 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

For me, it should be -

Fox  - we'd have lost last Friday but for him - Caldwell was rightly criticised for chopping and changing, so Fox should retain his place, I think.

Kakay - did enough after a difficult start to suggest he's a stronger defensive option than Williamson and handy going forward too.

O'Ware and McGinty in central defence.

Penrice.

Bannigan and Palmer as holding midfielders.

Gordon in central midfield to make the most of his runs into the box.

Millar as chief striker and moany bugger.

Cardle on the left wing, where he's most effective. Zanatta on the right pretending to be Dennis McQuade...

5-0 Thistle.

Agree. Would go for this exact 11 bar maybe Cole instead of Palmer or Gordon.

9 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Should be a really good crowd if you think of all the unemployed managers and fans who said they would not be back until Caldwell was gone in attendance.

Lets get right behind the players and kick start our league season!

Time to play , spot the unemployed managers at Firhill tomorrow. Then let the rumours begin.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Totally agree. Talks like a human being rather than an automaton.

aye I thought he sounds like a guy that would motivate you. I don’t think he was having a direct dig at GC but the way he spoke about everyone being together from the tea ladies, media, ground staff, players and management and the way he spoke about how Firhill was at Dools Testimonial made me think he wasn’t a fan of Caldwell or there were obvious splits in the camp.

Fox

Williamson        Oware     Hall        Penrice

Gordon            Cole

Banzo

Zannatta                             Cardle

Miller

If we dont  have a ball winner in front of the back four so in my opinion start with our 3 fittest central midfielders who can get up and down the park. 

Banzo playing furthest forward as probably our best passer/composed midfielder is a decision i think that should have been made long ago.

Zannatta and Cardle supporting Miller seems our best options at the top of the park. 

Defensively i know Mcginty has been everyones cult hero this season and he was mine towards the end of last.. but its time to resort to 100% defending clear your lines shout and organise !! Id say Saunders and Mcginty but as soon as soon as Saunders tires he makes terrible decisions.

Fox or Sneddon i have no idea.. Fox had his best game dince returning last week but thats the only reason id start him. 

Hope theres a decent turn out tomorrow because the players need a lift.

Agree with the above, we should win 3-0 against a DAFC team that has played badly for the majority of the season so far. [would love to see wee Joe on the list of scorers … the abuse the guy takes from DAFC 'fans' is shocking]

Positive things about todays game is now I feel I want to turn up at the game … it was getting so that I went to games simply because I have a ST and felt obliged to go.

I feel a bit sorry for GC, he really wants to be a manager, but he simply does not have that ability to teach … to impart knowledge, to enthuse players and get them to do what you want them to do. There is more to management than knowing the coaching tactics manual and understanding spreadsheets on nutrition.

Hoping for a no manager bounce this afternoon. It's nice to have options in the middle of the park again. I'd go with: 

Sneddon

Williamson McGinty O'Ware Penrice 

Cole Bannigan

Cardle Gordon Zanatta 

Miller

But, as I say, we have options. I'm not sure if Gordon has performed that well as the most advanced central midfielder, so if a different solution is found for that position, which sees Gordon play in a deeper role, I'd be fine with that. We should win this one...