Dunfermline Game

Lambies Lost Doo

24 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

Agree. Thought they were the only positives today. Kakay getting pelters from some in the JHS but was getting no support at all.

Kakay was getting pelters form the JHS because we're still waiting for him to get a ball across into the box. Never got by his man, couldn't get the ball past the first man, then gave up trying.

Jeez where to start.... a poor squad, no leadership and zero confidence all make for distressing viewing...

hopefully the rumour of McCall becoming our manager is true!  Although a pumping by celtic reserves midweek is probably unavoidable!

whoever gets the job, surgery is required and January will be busy. The amount of money the club has p•ssed up the wall over the last year is worrying.

anyway if it is McCall then hopefully better times ahead but not immediately 

So the myth perpetrated by some that we have a decent squad was well and truly dispelled today. Absolutely honking. Defence was a shames and we had zero creativity. How Caldwell ever saw talent in any of this lot is beyond me.

And let’s not leave Britton out of the criticism - he sanctioned these signings. One would have hoped he would have done some due diligence in them before agreeing the signings. But apparently not.

No pass marks for any of them today. None. We are well and truly in the mire.

• Like 2

We’ve been out played on many occasion in recent times, heavily beaten on many occasions, sickened by many late goals, but that today was horrendous on a new level.

A shameful effort, particularly 2nd half. 

Absolutely zero effort from the players, and a genuine 0/10 rating.

We’d have to go back a long way to find such an abject pathetic ‘performance’.

For anyone not present, it honestly had to be seen to be believed in its woefulness.

Edited by Chachi

6 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Kakay was getting pelters form the JHS because we're still waiting for him to get a ball across into the box. Never got by his man, couldn't get the ball past the first man, then gave up trying.

No Jags player came close enough to help him out.  No options so easy to read. Same goes for Zanata in the second half. Pars players doubled up on him. He beats the first but the support player nips in to knock it out of play. Zanata needed to vary his game. Don't let me get started on Cardle:wall:

Few there today could argue that performance today was inexcusable. Sadly all to predictable though. Start brightly without creating anything clear cut then finding a way to concede then bottling it and game over. Although the manner and magnitude of the collapse surprised me. oware, penrice, mcginty particularly bad and Gordon, miller, de vita , mansell  passengers at best. Starting to feel like our decline is gathering speed and I honestly don't know where the next win is coming from. 

Edited by lewcal
Typed wrong word.

That was a shambles. We looked really good right up until Dunfermline squad and then every single player chucked it. Everyone one of them should be ashamed of themselves and be hanging their head in shame.

Dunfermline are not a good team and were playing with their second choice goalkeeper. We had 62% possession and 1 shot on target. We had zero cutting edge.

Mansell is not a footballer, Cardle looks done, Gordon was anonymous, Kakay has the same defensive frailties as Williamson. Bannigan, Cole, Penrice and O'Ware hid today.

Special mention to Kenny Miller. He did't have a clue what position he was playing in the second hald which takes some doing when he helps pick the team.

Paul Paton was the only leader on the park today. We really could do with a player who revels in doing the nasty parts of the game.

Played reasonably enough for first 25 minutes,however, ultimately huffed and puffed in front of goal and were predictably picked off as our old defensive frailties surfaced .After we went 1 nil down our collective bottle seemed to crash and no one seemed willing to step up to the plate and reverse the trend .Too many players played below par,excuse the pun, .however, Penrice in particular played one of his worst games and looked decidedly disinterested  and pedestrian .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Played reasonably enough for first 25 minutes,however, ultimately huffed and puffed in front of goal and were predictably picked off as our old defensive frailties surfaced .After we went 1 nil down our collective bottle seemed to crash and no one seemed willing to step up to the plate and reverse the trend .Too many players played below par,excuse the pun, .however, Penrice in particular played one of his worst games and looked decidedly disinterested  and pedestrian .

They all looked disinterested and pedestrian!

25 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

No Jags player came close enough to help him out.  No options so easy to read. Same goes for Zanata in the second half. Pars players doubled up on him. He beats the first but the support player nips in to knock it out of play. Zanata needed to vary his game. Don't let me get started on Cardle:wall:

Joe was terrible. Bang on about Zanata and Kakay. I thought Kakay got a lot of unfair criticism today.

I watched the Rugby world cup game between New Zealand and South Africa before I went to the game. The first 20minutes of the rugby game South Africa had all the possession, but only 3points up. By the 28 th minute New Zealand were 17-3 up. Our game to me was similar we had the majority of the possession in the first 20minutes, without really troubling them. Once they scored the heads in the Thistle side went down and as soon as they were 2 up game over. This is Caldwell's legacy, he took over a struggling team and when we thought he could not leave us with a worse team, he has. Don't know who can sort this mess out. Good thing about today, spoke to @partickthedog and also @Big Col.

Edited by Auld Jag

5 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I watched the Rugby world cup game between New Zealand and South Africa before I went to the game. The first 20minutes of the rugby game South Africa had all the possession, but only 3points up. By the 28 th minute New Zealand were 17-3 up. Our game to me was similar we had the majority of the possession in the first 20minutes, without really troubling them. Once they scored the heads in the Thistle side went down and as soon as they were 2 up game over. This is Caldwell's legacy, he took over a struggling team and when we thought he could not leave us with a worse team, he has. Don't know who can sort this mess out. Good thing about today, spoke to @partickthedog and also @Big Col.

Good to meet you AJ. Shame we didn’t get the result we wanted. Whoever the new manager is has a real job on his hands.

I reckon Kenny Miller is part of the problem rather than part of the solution  . He's trying to play Fantasy Football on the park . You can see it in his childish histrionics whe it doesn't pan out for him . He also lacks discipline in his positioning  - translated as running about like a headless chicken . He also seems to have brought the same m,alaise to us that he brought to Dundee . But he scores goals .

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Would have thought that was most supporters and also  the BOD ‘s opinion as well or he wouldn’t have been sacked .

Again I'll say that it's the timing that concerns me. Why was he sacked this week? Is there something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about that a sacking took the public's and fans' eyes off?

Edited by scotty

I have being going to Firhill regularly since the mid- 70s. In that time I have witnessed some unbelievably-bad football: I’ve really got to say that for a mixture of inability and lack of effort today would be right up there with the worst of them.

it would not be exaggerating to say that Partick Thistle are in full blown  crisis mode. For the first time in a helluva long time:  I  simply cannot pick any positive feature whatsoever from today’s fiasco..

3 minutes ago, stillresigned said:

I have being going to Firhill regularly since the mid- 70s. In that time I have witnessed some unbelievably-bad football: I’ve really got to say that for a mixture of inability and lack of effort today would be right up there with the worst of them.

it would not be exaggerating to say that Partick Thistle are in full blown  crisis mode. For the first time in a helluva long time:  I  simply cannot pick any positive feature whatsoever from today’s fiasco..

The only positive from today was the heartfelt round of applause for Fernando Riksen and Don McVicar from both sets of fans .