McCall returns.

Garscube Road End

4 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Going by the statement issued by Ayr it looks like Neil Scally who was the assistant manager is also going as Sandy Stewart is taking over in the interim:

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/club-statement-4/

One thing McCall has always done is have good assistants/coaches around him.

And I wonder if Archibald will be part of the coaching team?

A fantastic appointment but we need to see this as a long term project and be patient. He has a very big job on his hands. Whilst I think we have quite a few good players, they are utterly bereft of confidence and leadership, as indeed I think the club is. 

Priority one is to stabilise the ship. Although he went down with Ayr and revolutionised then from there, I would rather not see us having to  do it that way. 

• Like 2

Excellent. Seems like a fairly unanimously popular appointment that everyone can get behind.

Will take time as I'm not convinced that our players individually are significantly better than our current position, but hopefully he can bring a bit of cohesion and make a team out of them.

• Like 2

Welcome back to McCall. He’s been on a journey since leaving the Jags and we’re getting a better manager and dare I say man in charge. A crucial appointment. 

It could to take a while to turn things around as yesterday shows it wasn’t just the previous manager who wasn’t up to the task is season. If he can get us playing as sum greater than the sum of the parts things will be looking up.

Fair lay to the board for taking decisive action. Something that’s been missing for a year or two.