McCall returns.

Garscube Road End

16 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

We dont need to have Ayr Terms agreed to Sign Colly - that can be dealt with Later and final Value determined By SFA Appeals Tribunal - he has been given permission to move by Ayr - the Compensation Package can be agreed later 

So why do you reckon Thistle haven't announced it? Just waiting to get him in and do the photoshoots etc?

4 hours ago, Jag said:

Hats of to David Beattie for a) Acting swiftly on getting rid of Caldwell and b) Bringing in the man that the vast majority of fans want to replace him.

3 year deal I believe so getting the time he needs to turn things round. If McCall fails at Thistle (and I don't believe he will), it will not be for the want of trying. He will put his heart and soul in to the job and will be desperate to succeed.

Although most agreed that it was time for Archie to go, I think everybody was saddened by his departure. Having him back in this capacity is great news, delighted to hear it.

Also, Doolan has already agreed to come back in January.

Happy days.

If you don’t mind me asking where did it say Doolan has agreed to come back?

great news if true- though not happy at the appalling way it happened- I thought it was the right decision at the time - now and not for the first time I think I made a serious error in thinking that - regardless of not being at his best still has a lot to offer with the young lads and a true gentleman and legend 

Erskine and Doolan did not perform under Caldwell.

Bannigan didn’t perform under Caldwell. 

All 3 are/were great players.

I assumed the 1st 2 were simply past their best. Assumed Banzo’s problem was the injury.

I am confident that McCall can improve players’ performances and expect a re-invigorated Bannigan. If the other 2 return it will be interesting to see whether McCall can extract a good year or 2 out of them.

I think that Caldwell’s recruits are better players than Archie’s (latter day)recruits. But they didn’t perform either and clearly need guidance/kick up the jacksie/role definition/new fitness regime.

By Christmas we shall see whether the squad is better than the one Caldwell inherited.

I doubt we'll know the details of McCall's contract. Tho' the man himself was very open (maybe too open at times) in discussing that sort of thing.

On the same subject I'm hoping that Caldwell's pay off was tempered by a performance related clause meaning we had little to pay out*. Not holding my breath on that one tho'.

*Some may say if that's the case GC should be owing us.

Yesss! That annoucement feels like a turning point. Reminiscent of Lambie's return in 1990.

Getting McCall back would have been good enough but to get Archie on board as well is exceptional.

Well done David Beattie. We've been crying out for leadership and his actions over the last couple of weeks shown more of that than we've had in the last 2 years.

#announcedools

Only kidding, absolutely delighted. Great to see McCall back but in particular Archie - he was let down badly by some players so very pleased he’s back - and he’ll learn a lot from Ian too.  Good day to be a Jag, part from the actual football...

Now, what price are we to beat Celtic?!?