McCall returns.

Garscube Road End

So as we should with any new manager we wish them well....we cant predict the future but we have reason to optimistic...I would ignore Wednesday and as the manager indicated the important match now is Saturday .....his interview showed he has an emotional connection to the club ....I suspect we will soon know whether the squad is adequate or not !

Ian McCall did a decent enough job in his first spell at Firhill...but he rather lost his way and I wasn't too disappointed when he left...credit to him for conquering his personal problems and he has done an outstanding job with Ayr.

Archie too had reached the end of the road...he should have gone at the end of the season...I was quite pleased that he was given a chance of redemption but I realised after the first League Cup game ironically against Ayr that it wasn't going to happen for him. He did sign Higgy, Lyle Taylor, Cerny, Osman, Dumbuya & Barton and although the latter three let him down in the relegation season, they were miles better than any recent recruits

There has been no doubting listening to McCall over the last year or so that he has a genuine connection with Thistle and his interview on Radio Scotland tonight left me with a big stupid smile..he really "gets" the Club. Archie too is a real Thistle man.

It has been a grim two seasons...so bad that I had almost stopped caring about our results...last Saturday had a real end of an era feel about it. Who knows how it will turn out but there is now a "feel good" factor...and that is a pretty good start.

• Like 1

Really happy to see Archie back. He had a really poor last 12 months as manager and made some bad mistakes particularly in player recruitment.

He would have had offers from other clubs as a manager but it speaks volumes about the guy that he wants to re-establish himself at Thistle and is willing to learn from McCall.

Welcome home Archie

3 minutes ago, laukat said:

Really happy to see Archie back. He had a really poor last 12 months as manager and made some bad mistakes particularly in player recruitment.

He would have had offers from other clubs as a manager but it speaks volumes about the guy that he wants to re-establish himself at Thistle and is willing to learn from McCall.

Welcome home Archie

Agree. Cannot be easy to return to a workplace where you were sacked. Lets hope that this is a success.

on the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, one ian mccall and an alan archibald. 
on the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me, two ian mccalls, one ian mccall and an alan archibald.
on the third day of christmas my true love gave to me, three ian mccalls, two ian mccalls, one ian mccall and an alan archibald
on the fourth day of christmas my true love gave to me, four ian mccalls three ian mccalls two ian mccalls one ian mccall and an alan archibald
on the fifth day of christmas my true love gave to me 
FIVE IAN MCCALLS
FOUR IAN MCCALLS 
THREE IAN MCCALLS
TWO IAN MCCALLS
ONE IAN MCCALL
AND AN ALAN ARCHIBALD!

23 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

on the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, one ian mccall and an alan archibald. 
on the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me, two ian mccalls, one ian mccall and an alan archibald.
on the third day of christmas my true love gave to me, three ian mccalls, two ian mccalls, one ian mccall and an alan archibald
on the fourth day of christmas my true love gave to me, four ian mccalls three ian mccalls two ian mccalls one ian mccall and an alan archibald
on the fifth day of christmas my true love gave to me 
FIVE IAN MCCALLS
FOUR IAN MCCALLS 
THREE IAN MCCALLS
TWO IAN MCCALLS
ONE IAN MCCALL
AND AN ALAN ARCHIBALD!

Can we fit Neil Scally into this too?

27 minutes ago, Sinistar said:

Emotional comments from McCall about his return in Evening  Times article here

That article puts it perfectly. Word for word he gets what has gone wrong at the club. 

We completely lost our identity, it was getting to the point where the team didn’t feel like our own anymore. 

Its only words but it’s a great start, he’s already reignited my passion for the team. 

There will be some tough times along the way but it feels like we turned a small corner today. 

I can’t tell you how happy I am that Archie is back as well. He deserves a chance to see the good times back at Firhill. 

Onwards and upwards. 

13 hours ago, Winter of '63 said:

Ian McCall did a decent enough job in his first spell at Firhill...but he rather lost his way and I wasn't too disappointed when he left...credit to him for conquering his personal problems and he has done an outstanding job with Ayr.

Archie too had reached the end of the road...he should have gone at the end of the season...I was quite pleased that he was given a chance of redemption but I realised after the first League Cup game ironically against Ayr that it wasn't going to happen for him. He did sign Higgy, Lyle Taylor, Cerny, Osman, Dumbuya & Barton and although the latter three let him down in the relegation season, they were miles better than any recent recruits

There has been no doubting listening to McCall over the last year or so that he has a genuine connection with Thistle and his interview on Radio Scotland tonight left me with a big stupid smile..he really "gets" the Club. Archie too is a real Thistle man.

It has been a grim two seasons...so bad that I had almost stopped caring about our results...last Saturday had a real end of an era feel about it. Who knows how it will turn out but there is now a "feel good" factor...and that is a pretty good start.

This. We are getting two Thistle men back in the dugout. For that we should be grateful