Green cheek tonight

gianlucatoni

47 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Has Fox been at fault with the goals tonight? 

I personally thought Fox was excellent tonight and made several important saves. He had little chance with any of the goals. 

Very decent first 60 minutes or so from Thistle but stuffing knocked out of us when O’Ware goal chopped off. 

1 minute ago, Stephen1876 said:

I personally thought Fox was excellent tonight and made several important saves. He had little chance with any of the goals. 

Very decent first 60 minutes or so from Thistle but stuffing knocked out of us when O’Ware goal chopped off. 

Cheers. Just bemused that fox was being criticized during the game. 

• Like 1

O'ware was playing? To be fair they were all chasing shadows tonight. We're playing against a good team but for guys that's meant to be professional footballers we were worse than Rob Roy. Totally lack responsibility, bravery or talent, whether that's confidence or ability its not good enough, and that's whats been missing for a long time

19 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

O'ware was playing? To be fair they were all chasing shadows tonight. We're playing against a good team but for guys that's meant to be professional footballers we were worse than Rob Roy. Totally lack responsibility, bravery or talent, whether that's confidence or ability its not good enough, and that's whats been missing for a long time

Disagree - felt we matched them OK in 1st half but it did have the feel of a bounce game - knew they'd get their arses booted at half time & they changed gear which resulted in us looking like spectators - subs made did not add any pace to the team & we never really had an out ball - reckon I could take Mansell easily in a sprint & I'm 51!

1 minute ago, gianlucatoni said:

Disagree - felt we matched them OK in 1st half but it did have the feel of a bounce game - knew they'd get their arses booted at half time & they changed gear which resulted in us looking like spectators - subs made did not add any pace to the team & we never really had an out ball - reckon I could take Mansell easily in a sprint & I'm 51!

Ouch - that's an indictment and then one!!

Well done to all of you who were able and chose to go to the game tonight.

Are ye joking? They were pretty poor and we never troubled them really at all. Especially the first half. Bravery, no one wants the ball, responsibility, aimless kicks to nobody within 20 yards, where did we match them? Were no in there league that's for sure, but let's be honest, we would struggle against Sunday league teams 

40 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

Are ye joking? They were pretty poor and we never troubled them really at all. Especially the first half. Bravery, no one wants the ball, responsibility, aimless kicks to nobody within 20 yards, where did we match them? Were no in there league that's for sure, but let's be honest, we would struggle against Sunday league teams 

Don't know what game u were watching MJ - we had a few chances first half & they never really carved us up 1st half

BBC report 

"If Celtic thought they'd have everything their own way against the team propping up the division below, they had another thing coming, certainly in the first half. Under McCall, returning this week for his second stint as manager, Partick were energised and organised, hard-working and disciplined."

• Like 1

First, fourth and fifth goals were disappointingly soft concessions. 

Both Cammy Palmer and Tommy Robson worked very hard, put in some good tackles and showed some bravery on the ball. Was particularly pleased for Robson after his early substitution at Arbroath.

My normal preference would be to have Sneddon in goals, but no complaints about Scott Fox tonight. Made at least 3 excellent saves.

11 hours ago, CotterJag said:

Will we ever beat any of the two ever again.

Crushes me every time.

Unless there's a seismic shift in our fortunes, highly unlikely.   32nd consecutive match v Celtic without a win.  30 defeats, 2 draws.  Goals for 17.  Goals against 83.  Last win was at Hampden (3-1) on 2/5/1995.  Would be interesting to compare with other similar-sized clubs.  Instinct tells me you'd have to dig deep to find a more dismal record.  We could hit the quarter of a century mark next May!

Edited by a f kincaid
Missed a bit.

On a more positive note, just worked out that last night was the 100th consecutive competitive Partick Thistle match I have attended (if you can call 5-0 competitive!). My last "break" was to attend  a memorial service for a friend which coincided with St Johnstone away in the League on 19th August 2017.

Previous to that I had clocked up another century plus, in which by some strange coincidence, the 100th fixture was also away at Celtic Park, though rather more cheerful as Ade Azeez made my night by scoring the equaliser!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sandy said:

Final score line not good, but as McCall said before the game, it’s Saturday that matters more.

Indeed, though he has actually said:  'but ... Monday for me, it really starts'. So looks as though he's almost written off Saturday too.

Still, I think we can get a draw there at least.

12 hours ago, partickthedog said:

First, fourth and fifth goals were disappointingly soft concessions. 

Both Cammy Palmer and Tommy Robson worked very hard, put in some good tackles and showed some bravery on the ball. Was particularly pleased for Robson after his early substitution at Arbroath.

My normal preference would be to have Sneddon in goals, but no complaints about Scott Fox tonight. Made at least 3 excellent saves.

Robson impressive pace with the ball 2nd half,  without the ball looks slow, he was given a torrent time first half