5 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

At this moment, within British football it is prohibited to have dual ownership of football clubs , not sure how the consortium’s template/proposal think they can overcome this .

UEFA and FIFA allow it, FA & SFA in the world and European bodies eyes are no different than the French FA and German FA. If SFA and FA push this and do the “But were UK” UEFA could (in theory” insist on one British FA and national team, it’s a very dangerous decision for either body to object to this as dual ownership is very common now 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

I would think that would be the case , but there has been no dual ownership within the British game so it would definitely be setting a precedent.

Since Ken Bates owned stakes in the mighty Thistle and some wee London team.  

Was stated SFA have come back with further questions.  David Beattie referenced a quote of his in press that he wanted to see resolution in next 3 to 4 weeks. 

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

UEFA and FIFA allow it, FA & SFA in the world and European bodies eyes are no different than the French FA and German FA. If SFA and FA push this and do the “But were UK” UEFA could (in theory” insist on one British FA and national team, it’s a very dangerous decision for either body to object to this as dual ownership is very common now 

So it's not unreasonable to make a guess that the whole takeover is to set a precedent?

5 minutes ago, mgow said:

There was some mumbling between the directors and essentially the amount part of the question was avoided.   So I would guess, confidentiality would be the reason.   At these things, they will talk high level figures but never about individual player salaries. 

Thanks- but again are the Shareholderes ( owners) , who were the only people other than the Board allowed to attend  the  AGM ,not entitled to get these figures?

If I own a Company and appoint some people ( Board of Directors ) to run that company on my behalf, surely I am able to ask them very detailed and exacting questions about the running of my Company, including what payments my employees are receiving and previous employees received?

4 minutes ago, scotty said:

So it's not unreasonable to make a guess that the whole takeover is to set a precedent?

It's probably the only suggestion I've heard so far that makes sense. 

No idea where it would leave us. Would they even have to go through with it, or would getting the approval be enough, and then they pull the plug?

1 minute ago, allyo said:

It's probably the only suggestion I've heard so far that makes sense. 

No idea where it would leave us. Would they even have to go through with it, or would getting the approval be enough, and then they pull the plug?

Think the consortium in question own between them 80% of the shareholding in Barnsley, the rules as they stand just now means they would only be allowed to own under 10% of PTFC shares , I’m sure they’re trying to find a way around this .

1 hour ago, mgow said:

Since Ken Bates owned stakes in the mighty Thistle and some wee London team.  

Was stated SFA have come back with further questions.  David Beattie referenced a quote of his in press that he wanted to see resolution in next 3 to 4 weeks. 

So by 31st October. I think something else is meant to be happening then as well.:thumbsup2:

• Like 1

As my understanding they do not know what the proposal is from the Consortium they are waiting on the dual ownership to see first.

I asked the question is it possible if the proposal to buy the club by the consortium,  can we hold them leagally if they say say are going to do A and B, but the answer was there is nothing we can do from David Beattie, so they can promise the earth and delivery nothing . 

22 minutes ago, kevin energy said:

As my understanding they do not know what the proposal is from the Consortium they are waiting on the dual ownership to see first.

I asked the question is it possible if the proposal to buy the club by the consortium,  can we hold them leagally if they say say are going to do A and B, but the answer was there is nothing we can do from David Beattie, so they can promise the earth and delivery nothing . 

My own feeling re consortium is this would have progressed much quicker if it was going to happen at all and in the meantime David Beattie has played his “ get out of jail card “ by getting rid of Caldwell and bringing Ian McCall back to put a bit of positivity back into our Club.

17 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

My own feeling re consortium is this would have progressed much quicker if it was going to happen at all and in the meantime David Beattie has played his “ get out of jail card “ by getting rid of Caldwell and bringing Ian McCall back to put a bit of positivity back into our Club.

I know everybody is different opinions and i do not know what the consortium is offering but going by the evidance with NIce FC  and Barnsley FC, i do not want the consortium buying the club and want to hear more about the Colin Weir proposal.  

from the tfe web site on the q.&a part Q who is behind thistle for ever, answer there is a collective of concerned thistle fans led by paul Goodwin c.e.e of s.f.s, association alongside well known thistle fan allan heron, on companies house site, thistle for ever limited is listed as incorporated on 23rd sept. 2019 . paul Goodwin recorded as company director, under persons with significant control, nature of  control ownership of shares - 75% or more, ownership of voting rights - 75% or more, with right to appoint directors

52 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

And if it doesnt happen - they have stated they are there for as long as the Club needs them - so much for the - they are only back for the Money rhetoric    

The  original budget  had us with a £700K deficit - funded by reserves and a £350K loan to balance the books 

So its a bit more than just sacking Caldwell  

2 hours ago, Emsca said:

Thanks- but again are the Shareholderes ( owners) , who were the only people other than the Board allowed to attend  the  AGM ,not entitled to get these figures?

If I own a Company and appoint some people ( Board of Directors ) to run that company on my behalf, surely I am able to ask them very detailed and exacting questions about the running of my Company, including what payments my employees are receiving and previous employees received?

People Salaries are private would you like yours discussed in Public ? 

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

And if it doesnt happen - they have stated they are there for as long as the Club needs them - so much for the - they are only back for the Money rhetoric    

The  original budget  had us with a £700K deficit - funded by reserves and a £350K loan to balance the books 

Seriously JJ , all these  old directors have  just come back for the love of PTFC 

My take on it is that the Consortium probably put figures/ proposal in front of them which looked attractive and to facilitate the sale of their shares without any objection there was a Boardroom coup.

They might well be there long term now but I don’t believe it’s through choice  .

5 hours ago, kevin energy said:

Exactly.....words from them mean nothing.....I mean who ever heard of bankers nit telling the truth 

3 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Tell us who they are selling to 

8 hours ago, javeajag said:

Maybe they have made an offer but the board who don’t want to accept it say it’s a proposal...seen that happen ....we all know the consortium didn’t turn up in day one with an offer they had a proposal 

So what is it you are actually saying here. 

The consortium came in with a proposal not an offer and

TFE came in with an offer not a proposal ?

You are getting your argument a bit mixed up here, I think 

1 minute ago, Lenziejag said:

So what is it you are actually saying here. 

The consortium came in with a proposal not an offer and

TFE came in with an offer not a proposal ?

You are getting your argument a bit mixed up here, I think 

Not really... simply that we don’t actually know very much ...

have the consortium made an offer ? As at the open day they had not 

who are the consortium ?

why would yiu sell the club to people you don’t know ?

8 hours ago, javeajag said:

This was reported in all the papers at the time ....cutting costs is a false economy says David Beattie.....sadly it wasn’t  it was a disaster ....its fashionable to blame low but it was Beatties decision ...her mistake was going along with it 

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/partick-thistle-keep-faith-with-manager-alan-archibald-following-relegation/

In a previous post you called this a schoolboy error. It was certainly a risk. But other clubs have done the same and succeeded - eg County.

I will accept that it probably doesn’t work in most cases, though.

1 minute ago, Lenziejag said:

In a previous post you called this a schoolboy error. It was certainly a risk. But other clubs have done the same and succeeded - eg County.

I will accept that it probably doesn’t work in most cases, though.

It rarely works and was a high risk and he should have known better ....it was anything but prudent ...low played the ball but it was Beatties 

do you know who we are selling the club to ?

6 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Which has been pretty much destroyed by the TFE “offer”.