3 hours ago, allyo said:

I think that's more to do with people's desperation to argue about something rather than anything specific about the TFe proposal/offer.

Anyway, I have a problem with the TfE acronym. Forever is one word. The capital is in the wrong place

The adverbial phrase "for ever" is more appropriate here, in my view, as it doesn't mean "eternally". However, the compound word "forever" is becoming more common, probably due to cross-Atlantic influences. It is changing, but I would agree with Fowler about UK English: " ...Fowler’s (the revised third edition) says the one-word version means continually or persistently and the two-worder means eternally—except in the US, where one word can do for all those senses. "

https://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2012/02/forever.html

As for company accounts, I left them behind long ago and have no wish to revisit them: if they stay away for ever, that will be returning too soon. :D

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

The adverbial phrase "for ever" is more appropriate here, in my view, as it doesn't mean "eternally". However, the compound word "forever" is becoming more common, probably due to cross-Atlantic influences. It is changing, but I would agree with Fowler about UK English: " ...Fowler’s (the revised third edition) says the one-word version means continually or persistently and the two-worder means eternally—except in the US, where one word can do for all those senses. "

https://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2012/02/forever.html

As for company accounts, I left them behind long ago and have no wish to revisit them: if they stay away for ever, that will be returning too soon. :D

A jeez, I knew I was on crap business and finance, but I thought I at least had a handle on grammar.

4 hours ago, Firhillista said:

Sorry, there's nothing mythical about the money Colin Weir has given Partick Thistle. It's made a significant difference to the club and to say that we 'cannot afford' to accept such funding is the most convoluted logic imaginable.

The guy doesn't want to run a football club; he doesn't even seem to want to OWN a football club; he just wants to see the team he supports doing well. Having a go at him for that seems perverse.

Completely agree with this. Only Thistle could manage to piss off a wealthy supporter who wants to gives us money for his love of the Club, with no strings attached.

Yes he got his money through luck - so what. Who would not be delighted with that?

He does not want to own or be involved with the running of the football club ( why should he- he is in his 70's - is not in great health and does not need the aggravation) , but he is prepared to give them money to facilitate this. Only in the West of Scotland would people find problems with this. It is a truly welcome position!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, That 1 jags fan said:

Colin Weir left very soon after Low a person he brought into the board was kicked out, of course all thistle fans should be thankful but it dose seem like he took the huff.

Maybe he did a wee bit- so what ? He had every right to .

I am still hugely grateful for the money he donated.

4 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Surely before anything is made public , you contact the specific authorities SFA and the EFA to see if the deal can actually be done in the first place re dual ownership?

It probably would have been kept out of the public arena, but blabbermouths here and everywhere else on social media couldn't contain their "I know something you don't know" pish.

Edited by West of Scotland

On 9/27/2019 at 9:46 AM, jlsarmy said:

Colin Weir doesn’t run the Academy , the money received from Liam Lindsay and Aiden Fitzpatrick was put straight back into PTFC’s coffers to negate the budget deficit.

The salaries of the Academy’s coaching staff all get paid from the Club, not sure where you’re getting your information from.

If it was your business as you are alluding to , you would obviously be involved in running that business, he only helped us finance the Academy.

Where does the petulant bit come in , Beattie came back on board with his plans ( ? ) and didn’t even have the courtesy to discuss what his plans were and what impact that would have on our Club to a guy who has put in roughly £2 /£3 million over the last 5 years

What reaction did you expect.

Ok you have now peddled this complete and utter nonsense for weeks - David Beattie  has stated more than once-  and so have other Directors that they were not able to speak to him ( not for the want of trying ) therefore you cannot continue to blame David Beattie for the lack of Communication with Colin Weir - they have made it very very clear that they attempted to Contact him and would be more than happy to meet with him,  - my only surprise is that TFE seemed to do this with relative ease very quickly 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

5 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok you have now peddled this complete and utter nonsense for weeks - David Beattie  has stated more than once-  and so have other Directors that they were not able to speak to him ( not for the want of trying ) therefore you cannot continue to blame David Beattie for the lack of Communication with Colin Weir - they have made it very very clear that they attempted to Contact him and would be more than happy to meet with him,  - my only surprise is that TFE seemed to do this with relative ease very quickly 

Maybe TFE went about it in a diferent way. Who knows?

5 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Sorry JJ , if that’s the best you can come up with , no email address , telephone, social media, contact Jaqui low , don’t think David Beattie tried too hard but TFE managed to make contact as you’ve just said with relative ease .

22 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

TFE have stated today that Colin Weir contacted them and offered to donate his shareholding 

what’s your involvement/relationship with the board and the consortium ?