Fake Thistle v Us

Barney Rubble

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

What shape did Archie leave us in?

In the end they were both deservedly sacked and left us with inferior squads. So neither manager left us in good shape.

But Archie achieved promotion (against all media expectations- and let’s be honest not all Jags fans thought he would lead us to the SPL either) one top 6, and 5 years in the SPL. Any Thistle board would have bitten your hand off for that! Caldwell achieved nothing. 

Lets all move on, eh...

• Like 1

Looking forward to this. Could this be the day we turn the corner? Good squad to pick from so if the players can just get Caldwell's style of play out their system I'm hoping for a least a point.  Crucial we don't  lose an early goal or the heads might go down. A wee bit of drizzle has put a bit of zip in the pitch, so let's get at 'em Jags!

4 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

No Mansell in the 18.. is he injured or has McCall sussed him out already?

he looked like a lame horse on Wednesday night when he came on as a sub - hence my assertion on another thread that at 51 years of age I'd easily take him in a sprint -  looked like he was running at 50%, with hesitation & from the look of it a thigh strain

Really good performance yesterday. Maybe we finally got just a wee bit of luck, but overturning ICT's unbeaten home record is a serious achievement. Well done guys!

I think this shows Gary Caldwell assembled a decent (maybe even very good) squad, but was unable to get them fired up or properly organised. I am sure Ian McCall can do both.

If I'm right, we are about to start climbing the league. Too early to say at this point, but hey - a league win!!!!

• Like 1