Thistle v Fake thistle.

Auld Jag

Banzo my MOTM today, safe with the ball, brave and very creative. Just edged It over Tommy Robson who despite a few mistakes first half made a huge contribution. Foxygen a bit more commanding than he has been - probably his best game since returning. Saunders HT substitution perhaps pivotal - he wasn't anywhere near his best. 

Great feeling to have won convincingly in the end after being outplayed first half. Would be nice to think Super-Ian has turned it round but let's wait and see.

Jags support were fantastic and deserve to enjoy the journey home.

13 minutes ago, rustic said:

Banzo my MOTM today, safe with the ball, brave and very creative. Just edged It over Tommy Robson who despite a few mistakes first half made a huge contribution. Foxygen a bit more commanding than he has been - probably his best game since returning. Saunders HT substitution perhaps pivotal - he wasn't anywhere near his best. 

Great feeling to have won convincingly in the end after being outplayed first half. Would be nice to think Super-Ian has turned it round but let's wait and see.

Great report.

Anyone else at the game with further views?

1 hour ago, rustic said:

Love Banzo. Really hope he can thrive under the new management because in 35 years he's up there with my very favourite Thistle players.

Just  back!

journey home  so much better when we win! - bus was buzzzzzin.

Think ICT just edged first half, but it was all us in second.

Great team celebration for the third and also McCall's fist pump at end was brill. - think he's glad to be back!

Great singing throughout the match.

Might have a wee goldie(or 2) to celebrate!

Onwards and upwards Jags!

Repeating other posts to an extent, but still worth saying that Banzo  was back to his brilliant pre-injury best.

He owned the ball in the second half. Reminded  me of his classic performance in the away win against St Johnstone, just before the injury at Tynecastle.

Palmer was an able lieutenant and deserved his goal. Such a change to see Thistle players constantly emerging with the ball out of 50/50 situations.

All three goals were very well taken.

Atmosphere was brilliant. What were all the words for the Super Ian McCall song?

20 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Atmosphere was brilliant. What were all the words for the Super Ian McCall song?

We've got McColl, super Ian McColl,
I just don't think you understand,
A Partick Thistle man, he's better than zidane, we've got super Ian McColl...

Edited by R_B
Tidy up

3 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Thank you. Now singing :fan:

I sang it all the way home on the train :-)  well done the support today - buckfast fuelled brilliance!

Cannot believe that was the same team I was so disappointed in last week. Amazing what a difference a real manager brings - think we will all be singing that song a LOT this season :-)

1 hour ago, Stephen1876 said:

Entirely echo those views. It was brilliant to see Banzo running the midfield again. Miller showed all his experience with the goal as soon as he was through, he was never missing, very composed 

Sorry, Stephen 1876, but Kenny Miller has a history dating back over 20 years of missing goals when given too much time on the ball. He's been a great goal scorer for club and country but his lack of composure when given time has always been his Achilles Heel. Apologies for appearing churlish. Kenny had an excellent game today especially off the ball and he did take his goal well. 

More to the point you're spot on re Bannigan. He was tremendous today. Ok, it's after only one league game but I think the management team deserve credit for playing Banzo more to his strengths. Also McCall realised that the three at the back wasn't working. Easy to scapegoat Saunders but he was the obvious choice to drop out even if he had been playing well.

Also thought Robson did well today. I know he's better going forward and when we went to a back four I worried he'd be a liability. Fair play to the lad he got stuck in and looked more of a full back than I've seen of him previously. Still it turned out well that Penrice replaced him as that was an excellent ball to seal the winner 

4 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Sorry, Stephen 1876, but Kenny Miller has a history dating back over 20 years of missing goals when given too much time on the ball. He's been a great goal scorer for club and country but his lack of composure when given time has always been his Achilles Heel. Apologies for appearing churlish. Kenny had an excellent game today especially off the ball and he did take his goal well. 

More to the point you're spot on re Bannigan. He was tremendous today. Ok, it's after only one league game but I think the management team deserve credit for playing Banzo more to his strengths. Also McCall realised that the three at the back wasn't working. Easy to scapegoat Saunders but he was the obvious choice to drop out even if he had been playing well.

Also thought Robson did well today. I know he's better going forward and when we went to a back four I worried he'd be a liability. Fair play to the lad he got stuck in and looked more of a full back than I've seen of him previously. Still it turned out well that Penrice replaced him as that was an excellent ball to seal the winner 

I don’t disagree on Miller generally but as soon as he broke away today he just looked completely composed, and tucked it away nicely. 

Definitely great to see Banzo back to his best today (and he had a good first half on Wednesday too) so a good manager making the difference

Robson was good today as you say and it’s a happy Saturday at last! 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

He owned the ball in the second half. Reminded  me of his classic performance in the away win against St Johnstone, just before the injury at Tynecastle.

Remember Bannigan's performance fondly that game too.

What is that changes? What influences a player's form? Confidence? Attitude? Game plan?

28 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

You are being churlish. He is now 39 and still scoring goals. A history of  missing goals... really?  Who exactly would you prefer up front  ..