Thistle v Fake thistle.

Auld Jag

6 hours ago, Thornwood Jag said:

Wasn't at the game today but a telling comment from John Robertson "They were like the Thistle of old in the secomd half."

Boy did I enjoy reading that!

John Robertson - in his post match comments on the BBC report he referred on a few occasions to "Thistle" and he didnae  mean Inverness. There's only one Thistle!

• Like 1

Just to pick up on some loose threads...

Yes, Fox was booked for blatant time wasting.  Not that I was complaining but the ITC fans behind his goal were.  However, the ref actually played into our hands by walking 30 or 40 yards several times to speak to him about his timewasting!  Eventually he lost patience with him.  The most blatant was when he seemed to be indicating to the ref he didn't know which side to take a goal kick from.  That hasn't been the rule for years now.  

Miller certainly tucked the ball away but it went in off a post.  You can either say that minimised the possibility of the keeper getting down to it or it was only an inch or so from coming back off the post.

Delighted though he must be, McCall must surely have seen the number of free headers ICT got from crosses.  Thankfully most of them went over the bar.

Smashing win.  Took dozens of miles off the drive home!

• Thanks 1

A musical postscript to the excellent singing at the Inverness game. Decided to keep myself awake on the long drive home by listening to double CD of Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits.

So somewhere round about Bonnybridge I found myself singing "I wanna I wanna I wanna be McCall" or something like that.

I had no idea that the music at least came from Fleetwood Mac's "Hold me".

I am waiting for the forum music buffs to give me a fuller explanation!

2 hours ago, partickthedog said:

A musical postscript to the excellent singing at the Inverness game. Decided to keep myself awake on the long drive home by listening to double CD of Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits.

So somewhere round about Bonnybridge I found myself singing "I wanna I wanna I wanna be McCall" or something like that.

I had no idea that the music at least came from Fleetwood Mac's "Hold me".

I am waiting for the forum music buffs to give me a fuller explanation!

No.

1 hour ago, Dark Passenger said:

No.

Great song, DP, and I agree that the words are right!

However the way it was being sung yesterday definitely involved some "Fleetwood Macisation" of the tune.

I suppose it shows the rich and varied musical heritage from which Thistle fans draw.

Examples that spring to mind are "One team in Glasgow" which I can confidently ascribe to "Guantanamera", and "We will follow Thistle" which I will less confidently ascribe to "Onward Christian soldiers", though someone may perhaps be able to correct me on the latter.

Decent performance from Partick yesterday but we still look weak at our opponents set piece opportunities - one such event leading to their goal.  This is still Caldwell's team who, despite other results, did  amazingly well against Ross County  but they cannot suddenly have become the best team in the division post McCall's recruitment.  Call me  a  doubting Thomas but I need to see a good run of results before I am convinced.

Edited by jaggot

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Great song, DP, and I agree that the words are right!

However the way it was being sung yesterday definitely involved some "Fleetwood Macisation" of the tune.

I suppose it shows the rich and varied musical heritage from which Thistle fans draw.

Examples that spring to mind are "One team in Glasgow" which I can confidently ascribe to "Guantanamera", and "We will follow Thistle" which I will less confidently ascribe to "Onward Christian soldiers", though someone may perhaps be able to correct me on the latter.

Land of Hope and Glory, surely?

1 hour ago, jaggot said:

Decent performance from Partick yesterday but we still look weak at our opponents set piece opportunities - one such event leading to their goal.  This is still Caldwell's team who, despite other results, did  amazingly well against Ross County  but they cannot suddenly have become the best team in the division post McCall's recruitment.  Call me  a  doubting Thomas but I need to see a good run of results before I am convinced.

Call me a doubting Thomas, but not many of us would call our team 'Partick'.

• Like 4