Glasgow Cup Tie - Tuesday Evening

Fawlty Towers

2 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Austin, Mansell, Jones and Slater were  all very poor. Harkins  

The sooner these 5 go the better, waste of a wage.

Apart from Mansell, all of them have contracts which end this May (2020), so will be on their way soon anyway.  Mansell has another year on his contract.  Might be a useful squad player as can hold the ball up well and push defenders around; no great shakes goal scoring but hasn't been given much game time this season.  OK I know there must be better out there but he may not be easy to get rid of so should consider if he can do a job for us, though obviously not an automatic starter.  Since he hasn't had much game time it's hard to see how anyone would want to take him off our hands.

I should point out some others are out of contract in May too including one or two we might want to keep.  One however is MIller; would anyone want to make a case for him?

Edited by Mr Bunny

3 hours ago, Mr Bunny said:

Apart from Mansell, all of them have contracts which end this May (2020), so will be on their way soon anyway.  Mansell has another year on his contract.  Might be a useful squad player as can hold the ball up well and push defenders around; no great shakes goal scoring but hasn't been given much game time this season.  OK I know there must be better out there but he may not be easy to get rid of so should consider if he can do a job for us, though obviously not an automatic starter.  Since he hasn't had much game time it's hard to see how anyone would want to take him off our hands.

I should point out some others are out of contract in May too including one or two we might want to keep.  One however is MIller; would anyone want to make a case for him?

No, I hope that he (Miller) goes ASAP.

Edited by Big Dan
Spelling
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

The Glasgow Cup game against Queens Park next week [5th] is advertised a 'closed doors' event. Anyone know the reason why they don't want supporters present for the game?

From the QPFC website:

DUE TO LICENSING RESTRICTIONS ALL GAMES AT LESSER HAMPDEN ARE CLOSED DOOR GAMES

• Thanks 1

I think with Hampden having been sold Queens Park are having to get Lesser Hampden upgraded as that is where they will play their league games moving forward.

We are currently top of the table with the final being contested between the teams in 1st and 2nd. I think 2 wins from our next 2 games (Queens Park and Clyde both away) should see us in the final. Our final game is Celtic Colts at home.

https://www.glasgowfa.co.uk/glasgow-cup.html

It would be nice to get to the final so hopefully the youngsters and those first teamers selected can get the job done.

Also, last night our U18s were playing their Rangers counterparts in the quarter finals of the Youth Cup at their training centre. Unfortunately we lost 4-0 but they had done well to get there.

16 minutes ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Does anyone have a clue what is happening?  Does anyone care?

There could be a new addition to Thistle's bulging trophy cabinet, should things go well in this prestigious tournament.

But hey ho.

I'd go further and say it will be rather embarrassing if we don't win this trophy.

2 hours ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Does anyone have a clue what is happening?  Does anyone care?

There could be a new addition to Thistle's bulging trophy cabinet, should things go well in this prestigious tournament.

But hey ho.

2 hours ago, Camallain said:

It would be nice if the club thought it important enough to let us know how we were doing in this match :mad:

1 hour ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Finally a wee tweet from the club, in case anyone gives a shit.  1-1.  Barjonas for us.

Queen's Park made the game a 'closed door' game, not Thistle. I don't think the club have ever covered a 'closed door' game before(did they cover the Falkirk friendly)? 

I think the club do think of it as important, since they have covered every other game in the Glasgow Cup on Twitter and advertised on the website - maybe they were asked not to cover it by Queen's Park(I don't see anything on their twitter).