Sign in to follow this  
Fawlty Towers

Glasgow Cup Tie - Tuesday Evening

12 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

{image of teams sheet

Cheers BB.  Looks like a young Celtic side apart from Hendry.  Celtic score in added time to get a draw, 1-1.  Looks like we had made a few subs, bringing a few of our youngsters on.  (I'm getting all this from the twitter feed which gave the Jags team but not Celtic's).  OK result I suppose.

That's me thawed oot. Result was about right. I'm assuming a Jags player (Palmer?) encroached into the Celtic wall at the free kick. Strange in so much I wouldn't have thought the free kick should've been taken. Sena's tackle was badly mistimed. Yellow probably correct but it wouldn't have been a shock if he had got a red.  Decent game of football from both sides tho' I didn't see anything performance wise from our senior players to suggest our recent starting XI should be altered to accommodate any of them. Sneddon tho' provided one superb save and did nothing wrong all night.

If I'm reading things correctly Brownlie won't be joining us till the summer. No idea if possible but I'd be pleased If we could get Jack Hendry on loan meantime. He strolled thru the game tonight and his style of play would also suit middle role in a back three. On the subject of centrebacks, McIntyre looks to have strengthened up considerably. He's only just turned 18 but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the first team squad sometime next season.

Btw Fair impressed with the Celtic No11, Armstrong Oko-Flex (?). Quite a handful and can ride a tackle.

• Like 1

Thought that was the cup in the bag but just read we play everyone twice after which the top 2 play each other in final.  Still looking good at the moment.

1 hour ago, Alan Murray said:

Mitch Austin - good? Bad? or average? 

Belted the ball off one of the Celtic players, possible face,  while he was on the ground so for that one thing amazing 

What are the feelings on the standard of football and competitiveness?

Is the Glasgow cup a decent replacement for the reserve league, seems to have served it purpose in getting a few players return game time and given the younger players in the under 17 a chance to set up and play with the older pro's

Or are the games still played at a walking pace like many of last years reserve fixtures??

1 hour ago, Juanito said:

What are the feelings on the standard of football and competitiveness?

Is the Glasgow cup a decent replacement for the reserve league, seems to have served it purpose in getting a few players return game time and given the younger players in the under 17 a chance to set up and play with the older pro's

Or are the games still played at a walking pace like many of last years reserve fixtures??

Last night's game was played at a competitive pace more down to Celtic Colts than us. I'm maybe a bit blinkered as I enjoy these games more when our senior players are subbed. Last years reserves were a joke. We were playing very young players (I don't think we made a habit of recalling loan players) and should've been in the lower division for competitiveness. I still preferred the U20s as they played hard to win. It was only the overage players that often played under a different agenda.

I'd like to see a return to U20s or an U21s perhaps. Allow for a max of 2-3 overagers. Maybe a couple more on a reciprocal game to game basis. By that if the opposition want to play one or two more overagers we would have to agree and could match them if we wished.

• Like 1