Lewis Mansell scores v Queens Park 01.10.2019

Camallain

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Not much celebration for either goal.

I still don't like short corners !

One type of short corner that should be effective more often than not is when a right footed player is taking a corner from the right (an out-swinger). Instead he takes a short one to a left sided player whose in-swinger wrong foots the defence. An attacking player has an improved chance of getting to the ball before a defender on his back foot. It has to be well disguised and carried out speedily. We tried one last night (Cole to Penrice) but James over hit the in-swinger.

10 hours ago, elevenone said:

Thanks as always for posting.  Interesting to see your work from the JH Stand.  Out of interest did you capture the chance just a few mins before that goal that looked over the line?  Was debating with son if Mansell actually missed from ball being on goal line?

Hi elevenone, yes I got that one. If you watch the slow motion it definitely looks over the line however I think the Queens player that clears the ball is blocking the officials view ! How Mansell fails to get a block on that clearance is beyond me :lol:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Camallain said:

Hi elevenone, yes I got that one. If you watch the slow motion it definitely looks over the line however I think the Queens player that clears the ball is blocking the officials view ! How Mansell fails to get a block on that clearance is beyond me :lol:

If Dools goal against Morton last season wasn't over the line, that one wasn't either.:D