Thistle vs QotS Thread

Yellow & Redneck

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Oware Robson banzo and Cole when he came on were really good

disappointing from zanatta today he is better than that

cardle tried as always but had a stinker

gordon and Williamson really poor - the way Williamson let himself be brushed off the ball at the end was ridiculous 

plenty of work for McCall to do though a draw would have been a fair result 

Williamson was one of our better players.

The sooner Miller realises he isn’t a sweeper the better. One of the most annoying players to watch that we have had in recent years. Just play as a striker FFS.

28 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

The sooner Miller realises he isn’t a sweeper the better. One of the most annoying players to watch that we have had in recent years. Just play as a striker FFS.

Disagree about Williamson but at end of day he wasn’t reason we lost.

miller by his standards this season was poor as well (just realised I hadn’t mentioned him)

Still probably deserved a draw- onwards and upwards 

36 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Oware Robson banzo and Cole when he came on were really good

disappointing from zanatta today he is better than that

cardle tried as always but had a stinker

gordon and Williamson really poor - the way Williamson let himself be brushed off the ball at the end was ridiculous 

plenty of work for McCall to do though a draw would have been a fair result 

You cant be serious about OWare, his fault for the goal for starters, heading terrible ( counted 4 defensive headers in a row outjumped), and his passing is pretty poor also. Most overrated player we have.

33 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Agree Kenny Miller , but we’ve got a total lack of options upfront, there was no forward on the bench today, looks like McCall doesn’t rate Lewis Mansell but if that’s all we’ve got at the moment at least it’s an option to nick a goal.

I’m sure McCall will sort this out hopefully in the January window.

Biggest problem today was when we went behind we had no way of changing it. Normally when you're a goal behind you put on an extra striker and we have nothing. It meant we continued to sdo the same side to side try to get down the wings rather than going a little more direct.

From where I was the goal looks like McGinty got under the ball and effectively gave  a free header. For a 6ft 5 defender he's not particularly commanding in the air however we have no other left sided central defenders.

I think Caldwell has left us a squad with some real gaps.

O'Ware looked better today, Robson got pass marks after that it was a whole lot of average. Cardle tried but had a knightmare. Zanatta went completely off the boil after early promise. Williamson was ok to day but he's still not good enough defensively

Fox - 2 cracking saves.  Our MOTM.

McGinty - ok

O'Ware - ok

Williamson - ok but think Christie is better.

Robson - like him. Surprised he was subbed.

Bannigan - ok but should he be a Number 6/DM?

Palmer - ok.  Cole was a big improvement when he came on.  Forward passes fast to feet.

Gordon - bad day for him.  Think he's better as number 10.  Did 3 man midfield suit him?

Cardle - bad day for him

Zanatta - direct but no end product.  

Miller - ok.  Started to drop to get ball.

Subs excl Cole made no impact.

So we are looking better but struggling up front and creativity in midfield.

Better overall performance but same old huff and puff up front .Should have buried this mob in second half  but were  as usual wasteful and disjointed in and around their goal .

Thought Cardle  had one of his worst games today and Williamson needs to learn to shout for the ball instead of waving his arms aimlessly .

Perhaps McCall needs to right off next weeks game and experiment a bit .

6 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I don't believe any team that doesn't score deserves a draw. There was no luck about their goal so we deserved what we got.

Absolutely - a point would have flattered us immensely:  after they scored, they sat back and laughed at us.

Someone talked about O'Ware losing 4 defensive headers - I just gave up counting at one point. But that was nothing to the number of second balls we either lost or didn't compete for. I began to wonder if some of the players  even understand the very concept. 

Williamson's and Cardle's final ball at times, shocking for professional footballers. Gordon could have gone at half time.

Frightening to think that Kenny Miller is our great white hope as a striker.

McCall has a bigger job than we, or maybe he, thought.

Awful today. Back to tippy tappy side to side guff. Nothing up front, no creativity, no movement to create spaces. And limited to what changes could be made. Surely there must be a striker available out there on loan or unattached. Miller isn’t going to be able to play all games this season and we need someone else who knows where the goal is.

Caldwell really has assembled a squad of duds and it’s a hell of a job McCall has.

Hope the board support him in January because yet again we are in need of major surgery.

3 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Better overall performance but same old huff and puff up front .

Can't agree. I thought we were better last week in just about every department. That's why I feel we were let down badly today. 

Perhaps you mean our last home game, then I'd agree there.

Btw obviously not seen their goal again yet but I think we'll find the smallest man on the park, Robson, was in front of Fox.

5 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Folk will blame McGinty if it rains tonight.

Sorry but I think this is the first time I have criticised McGinty and whist its going back a while when Caldwell scape goated him in the 5-1 loss at Morton I came on here and defended him.

McGinty suited the 3 centre back system as it allowed him to take the ball out of defence but with 2 centre backs both have to dominate aerially. McGinty doesn't look particularly commanding for his hieght

First half, we could have been one down in the first minute after a scramble in our area. Five minutes before half time Fox had a very good save to stop us going behind. Second half we had the majority of possession, but as others have said we huffed and puffed and never bothered their goalie. A few penalty claims, but no stone wall shouts, even if they were not sure we would've got them. Thought we should have got something from the game.

1 hour ago, laukat said:

Biggest problem today was when we went behind we had no way of changing it. Normally when you're a goal behind you put on an extra striker and we have nothing. It meant we continued to sdo the same side to side try to get down the wings rather than going a little more direct.

I think Caldwell has left us a squad with some real gaps.

I was watching McCall in the immediate aftermath of the goal , looking round his subs trying to work out how to change things and the dawning realisation hitting him that the squad he has inherited has no options.

• Like 1

Back to earth with a bump after last week.  Very few positives today.  Fox’s save was a belter and thought Cole looked good when he came on.  Thought Gordon, Cardle and Zanatta were very poor today.  Miller is not my cup of darjeeling but we have nothing else up top until Jan.  

Also Mr Dallas masquerading as a ref again.  Should have booked Banzo before he did, Zanatta is either a penalty or a booking for simulation but instead spends several mins chasing him around the pitch shouting at him with finger out like a naughty child.  Missed a handball in box just before Palmer miss and got taken in with their timewasting gamesmanship and missed basic stuff like correct corner awards.  

• Like 1