Poor crowd expected Nomads game

Bobbyhouston

4 hours ago, QXBoy said:

One thing I can not understand re this competition - why in this round (and the previous one) are Rangers U-21 games not being played on the scheduled weekend set aside for the ties to be played?  

I would guess it is because they have players away on international duty. I don’t know how many players away allows you to ask for a postponement, though.

I thought yesterday's performance was impressive. Not so much the actual play - Joe Cardle had his worst game in a Thistle shirt, some of the misplaced passes, particularly in the first half, were embarrassing, we still lacked much of a threat in the penalty box - but in the attitude and heart of the team.

That two of our players should end the game bleeding from head wounds pretty much sums it up. 

The Dundee game will be a completely different match. They're unlikely to limit themselves to horsing the ball into our box in the hope that some big guy can batter our defenders out of the way, or try to half any of our players who look like getting close to their goal. So we'll actually have to play some football. But if the Thistle team show the same determination they showed yesterday, I'll be happy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, QXBoy said:

One thing I can not understand re this competition - why in this round (and the previous one) are Rangers U-21 games not being played on the scheduled weekend set aside for the ties to be played?  

Solihull Moors played yesterday. Risking the wrath of others but I don't think a postponement of their league game in preference to an Archie Tunnock gig would be on. That said it's also quite likely Sevco Colts would have a few away on international duty.

46 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Solihull Moors played yesterday. Risking the wrath of others but I don't think a postponement of their league game in preference to an Archie Tunnock gig would be on. That said it's also quite likely Sevco Colts would have a few away on international duty.

We had 2 away and I noticed a couple of games in England were postponed due to international call ups. 

How many players away allow you to ask for a postponement?

S4C (English commentary) gave the attendance as 1,380 which they described as "good". 

Interesting that they poked fun at why any Glasgow football team would want/need to water the park in October.  Blamed the sprinklers for Nomads players unable to keep their feet. 

For the first half hour they were calling Kakay "De Vita".  We even had some of his history (Italian extraction etc).  There was a close up of De Vita running behind the goal when he scored and as soon as the name on the back of his shirt came into view they seamlessly started naming him directly.

We also had a new player on the park.  Brannigan played the full 90  minutes.

We got our Scottish Cup and League Cup wins mentioned but they didn't do their homework properly.  They said the Nomads were the first Welsh side Thistle had played in their history.  Not true.  (Swansea City 6/8/1983.)

Commentary was, of course, tilted towards the Nomads but still pretty balanced and generous to Thistle as the better team at the end. 

1 minute ago, a f kincaid said:

S4C (English commentary) gave the attendance as 1,380 which they described as "good". 

Interesting that they poked fun at why any Glasgow football team would want/need to water the park in October.  Blamed the sprinklers for Nomads players unable to keep their feet. 

For the first half hour they were calling Kakay "De Vita".  We even had some of his history (Italian extraction etc).  There was a close up of De Vita running behind the goal when he scored and as soon as the name on the back of his shirt came into view they seamlessly started naming him directly.

We also had a new player on the park.  Brannigan played the full 90  minutes.

We got our Scottish Cup and League Cup wins mentioned but they didn't do their homework properly.  They said the Nomads were the first Welsh side Thistle had played in their history.  Not true.  (Swansea City 6/8/1983.)

Commentary was, of course, tilted towards the Nomads but still pretty balanced and generous to Thistle as the better team at the end. 

Kakay was their MotM. Or was he...

5 hours ago, Jag said:

He got an operation a few weeks ago and recovery not going as quickly as he'd hoped.

Alex Jones will be back quicker than expected though.

Thanks. Good to see Slater and Harkins coming back too. All competition for places is good, especially with the fixtures we have coming up.

What did people think of O'Ware in midfield? We've been struggling without a strong tackling defensive midfielder, and I assume McCall saw this as a way of addressing it. Do you think it worked? We were certainly more solid than we've been. First clean sheet for a while.