Poor crowd expected Nomads game

Bobbyhouston

35 minutes ago, allyo said:

What did people think of O'Ware in midfield? We've been struggling without a strong tackling defensive midfielder, and I assume McCall saw this as a way of addressing it. Do you think it worked? We were certainly more solid than we've been. First clean sheet for a while.

I would think it'll be a stop gap measure maybe on and off til January. Problem as I see it O'Ware adds to the lack of pace in the team. It was very noticeable yesterday with perhaps only Kakay showing any pace. Laughing at folk complaining about about defence and midfield not getting the ball forward when we couldn't even outrun that lot.

In short get some more pace in attack and we could maybe accommodate O'Ware in midfield.

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I would think it'll be a stop gap measure maybe on and off til January. Problem as I see it O'Ware adds to the lack of pace in the team. It was very noticeable yesterday with perhaps only Kakay showing any pace. Laughing at folk complaining about about defence and midfield not getting the ball forward when we couldn't even outrun that lot.

In short get some more pace in attack and we could maybe accommodate O'Ware in midfield.

I agree - it was very noticeable that O’Ware had to stop and think before making a pass. 

We are beginning to see McCall’s influence already.

The defence has had no cover and OWare’s appearance as defensive mid sitting could well be what we need. Mind you he’s hardly won a header all season but we simply didn’t look like conceding.

Shifting Kakay to wide right is a master stroke and he should form a good partnership with Williamson.

As Cardle has been dreadful recently he can be dropped for Zanatta who needs to add consistency to natural ability. Gordon doesn’t get his place back.

I liked the way Saunders attacked the ball in the air which neither of the other 2 cb’s seem capable of.

1 hour ago, Weebaw1 said:

The defence has had no cover and OWare’s appearance as defensive mid sitting could well be what we need. Mind you he’s hardly won a header all season but we simply didn’t look like conceding.

Shifting Kakay to wide right is a master stroke and he should form a good partnership with Williamson.

As Cardle has been dreadful recently he can be dropped for Zanatta who needs to add consistency to natural ability. Gordon doesn’t get his place back.

I liked the way Saunders attacked the ball in the air which neither of the other 2 cb’s seem capable of.

Agree on Saunders, he’s perhaps the our best centre back defensively (haven’t seen much of Hall) but his distribution is genuinely painful to watch. 

On 10/13/2019 at 3:18 AM, QXBoy said:

One thing I can not understand re this competition - why in this round (and the previous one) are Rangers U-21 games not being played on the scheduled weekend set aside for the ties to be played?  

Because they are who they are and they decide which rules apply to them and the relevant authorities acquiesce.

13 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

I agree with what you say, I think McCall is starting to try out formations more suited to the players he has available.

Joe IMO is trying too hard to be a game winner every time he gets the ball, maybe if he relaxed a bit he would start to play better?

I don't think IMC looks to Tam as needing to do the defensive header duties? and I say that simply because in the warm-up before the Nomads game, Harkins was pinging long balls to only McGinty and Saunders to head out of defence.

Hopefully IMC's influence on the team play will bring Banzo onto better form, I think it would be interesting to see him and Reece Cole play effectively in the same team.