Caldwell Giving his side of the story

kevin energy

5 hours ago, Juanito said:

Was disappointed with O'Donnell's comments, the side of the player is always given but never the supporters.

As a fan of Thistle I am well aware of the role McNamara and Donnelly had in putting together a great group of players and playing style.

But the way he left the club with no regard for the fans was very poor, that is the reason he takes stick.

Look at Erskine, treat us with respect and we will do the same for you, regardless of where you go after.

Only thing Caldwell said that was interesting was that when he arrived  +6 players were skipping training pretending they were injured after each game, it looked like that on the pitch for the last season of Archies first spell.

I don’t remember him taking a lot of stick when he left. I think he got more when he claimed the bonus and took us to court or at least threatened to.

9 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I listened to all of it, and I think you can sum GC up as:-

Positives > a nice man who means well, knows management theory well.

Negatives > can be mendacious with regards to player movements, has a selective memory, has poor man management skills, a complete fantasist with regards his worth to football.

Not sure where you got the nice man bit from ? unless you include arrogant and egotistical within that .

Friends of mine know Caldwell very well and they both say he's a pleasant enough fella. I'd imagine it's more a case of taking the guy out his work environment and he's OK. Guess most of us will have come across folk that are nowhere near as unlikeable after you and them clock off.

Occurred to me that the two worst managers we've had in recent years have the opposite failings. Dick Campbell was and still is a good man-manager by all accounts. According to a good few of our players they were impressed by Caldwell's coaching methods. Hey, maybe that's the dream ticket, The Bunnet & The Heid? :)

21 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I agree with 90% of what you say, but honestly, I don't think any sensible Chairman would have him anywhere near his [or her] club. It is unfortunate for the guy, but in management terms he would be best described as a liability. That, 'give me a full season and I can get you promotion' argument he seemed to be alluding to, is the sign of a deluded man.

I bet you a pint he's back as a manager somewhere before then end of the season.

Normal people would take stock and think Hmm- been sacked 3 times in pretty quick succession, maybe this is not for me.

But guys like Caldwell Caixinha, McLeish, Mourinho etc are so self assured and arrogant that they totally believe it is not their fault and somehow manage to convince others that is the case. 

3 hours ago, Emsca said:

I bet you a pint he's back as a manager somewhere before then end of the season.

Normal people would take stock and think Hmm- been sacked 3 times in pretty quick succession, maybe this is not for me.

But guys like Caldwell Caixinha, McLeish, Mourinho etc are so self assured and arrogant that they totally believe it is not their fault and somehow manage to convince others that is the case. 

I don't know, I would think it a fool or a desperate man to take GC on [although I would love it to happen simply as we then would not need to pay him his full severance?] 

Bet accepted

7 hours ago, Emsca said:

I suspect that’s the first time Caldwell’s been named in the same sentence as Mourinho (multiple league winner in numerous major leagues and European cup winner).

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 8:34 PM, Duke Gekantawa said:

I suspect that’s the first time Caldwell’s been named in the same sentence as Mourinho (multiple league winner in numerous major leagues and European cup winner).

Differen level  I accept, but both arrogant pricks with an inflated sense of their ability .