Dundee away 19/10/19

Auld Jag

I would have to say I am still officially in a state of shock after that. When Miller equalised with five minutes to go I was thinking that this would be a great draw if we could hold out. I just can't believe we actually pumped them 3-1, it's just not the Thistle way................. BUT I LIKE IT :fan::clapping:

Edited by Camallain

1 minute ago, stillresigned said:

Wasn’t able to go today and listened to game on Jags Zone:: fell asleep with about5 mid of the game.  When I wakened up just assumed that we had been beaten.

Totally gobsmacked to find out that we’d won 3-1.! Who ever said supporting Thistle was simple?;)

Back to school for you boy!!!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Camallain said:

I would have to say I am still officially in a state of shock after that. When Miller equalised with five minutes to go I was thinking that this would be a great draw if we could hold out. I just can't believe we actually pumped them 3-1, it's just not the Thistle way................. BUT IT LIKE IT :fan::clapping:

Hope you got videos of the goals!

My first ever post!!

Life long jags fan from The 'Round Toll' area for those who remember this part of Glasgow 1.5 miles from the 'Hallowed Ground'. Now living way north of Aberdeen. Haven't see jags since the recent  1-1 Arbroath game  and last visit to Firhill was the Ross Co 2-4 game! 

Intended travelling to every home game this season but found the Caldwell era totally depressing. Didn't go to today's game but kept an eye on score and forum comments while painting a ceiling (opted to do this instead of driving down to Dundee) !! 

Total shock when I checked final result. 

Reverting to plan A feel Manager and team (who seem now to be playing for the Jersey which is all I have ever asked of a Thistle team) deserve support. 

See you all at Firhill next Saturday 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

My first ever post!!

Life long jags fan from The 'Round Toll' area for those who remember this part of Glasgow 1.5 miles from the 'Hallowed Ground'. Now living way north of Aberdeen. Haven't see jags since the recent  1-1 Arbroath game  and last visit to Firhill was the Ross Co 2-4 game! 

Intended travelling to every home game this season but found the Caldwell era totally depressing. Didn't go to today's game but kept an eye on score and forum comments while painting a ceiling (opted to do this instead of driving down to Dundee) !! 

Total shock when I checked final result. 

Reverting to plan A feel Manager and team (who seem now to be playing for the Jersey which is all I have ever asked of a Thistle team) deserve support. 

See you all at Firhill next Saturday 

Welcome to the forum. Hope your post next week is about Thistle getting their first home league win of the season.

Crazy last five minutes. Definitely deserved at least a point, but very happy with the win. They hammered us for 30mins and then showed very little after scoring. 

Changes at half-time we’re required. O’Ware didn’t know what to do when he had the ball and offered nothing moving forward. De Vita isn’t a hold-up attacker. Credit must be given to McCall for being bold enough to make the changes because it just wasn’t working. Mansell for all his faults caused a bit of chaos when he came on and Gordon’s energy changed the midfield dynamic. 

Great day. Onwards and upwards. 

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

Just like you should never leave before the game has finished, you shouldn’t slag off players until the end :happy2:

Anyway we’re all Jags fans so we will saviour this result! Onwards and upwards with Ian McCall! Tactical genius with his subs :clapping:

BTW, when’s the last time a Thistle team scored 3 in the last 5 mins of a game to win it? 

Cant remember when we done it to win a game. We came back from 3-0 down to Gretna at Firhill with 3 goals in the last 10 minutes, to get a draw.

Fantastic result Mccalls just a far superior man manager and keeps its simple for the players. 

Kenny Miller is fair proving a few people on here wrong with a decent goal return already.

Thing im actuality worried about is Firhill .. 

The atmosphere has been absolutely pish for a while now and i think it contributes to our poor form.

Great result today. As said earlier, Dundee bossed the first half altho we had a couple of chances. At half time Mansell for DeVita was good as it gave us a target upfront and Mansell was a handful for their defence - he won the ball regularly and had some nice touches to teammates. Gordon for O'Ware worked as well as Gordon gave us some impetus going forward and he linked the play from back-to-front really well today.  We had a couple of chances before the equaliser. A pass across goal (I think from Williamson) into a crowded box for Cardle to fresh-air his shot! And a header from a corner from Harkins that had us all wondering if it was one of those days and we were not going to score.  Kenny grabbing the equaliser was excellent. He doesn't do much in a game (moaning aside) but he can find the net when he gets a chance.  Gordon took his goal really well as I thought his angle was good for the keeper, but he found the corner brilliantly. And really pleased for Mansell getting his goal - I like his application and he is a handful. If he can accompany that with more goals then he'll be a good contributor upfront. 

Please no more Miller, DeVita and Cardle in the same line-up. They are all good on the ball but off the ball they are not pressuring teams or mobile enough.

But, brilliant result!.... and love the  "We've got McCall....." song......