Dundee away 19/10/19

Auld Jag

43 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

Not great videos if you suffer at all from motion sickness.

At least you weren't all stuck in the shitey main stand at Dens.

Always great to see videos of Thistle goals. Even better when they are taken amongst the Thistle support and you get the great reaction we see in these videos.

7 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Erm .. I think possibly somebody must have hacked into my account and wrote this. Then disappeared.

Clearly nonsense.

I wouldn’t worry I’m sure the same culprit has hacked into a number of users accounts on this forum over the years- I happen to know it’s happened to mine a number of times :borat:

Every Sunday morning should feel like this.   What a difference an away win makes.  Not just the win, but the way in which it was achieved will linger long in the memory.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the Jags dressing room at half time. Something occurred or was said that had every player out on the pitch early and champing at 

the bit to get at Dundee.

The last 10 mins should go down in Thistle folklore. 

We had a little taster served up when Gary Harkins bulleted a header off the outside of the Dundee post and we knew we could do this. 

Then the party began with a  sublime finish from Kenny, firing home a wonderful Williamson cut back that sent us into raptures as we thought we had a salvaged a precious point.

He may be a moany face diva at times but the boy can finish.

Fearing our old habit of immediately losing a goal in reply, I feared the worst, but a stunning save from Foxy when he somehow got down at his right hand post to save a goal

bound header was crucial to the result.

If he hadn't made that save the heads may have went down, but instead it boosted the desire within the team to go on and win.

Just a few minutes later, Gordon homes in on the Dundee goal from the right wing and directs a shot across and beyond the Dundee keeper into the net.   Well, thankfully my screams

of delight couldn't be heard above the screams of our young camera lady. The Dee fans to our left were leaving like there was a bad smell in the stand... a wonderful sight.

When Mansell broke away in the 91st minute and somehow coerced the ball to cross the line, in what felt like slow motion, I though I was just gonna burst.

Well, that was my day out.  As I said earlier it's what keeps you going week in week out.  Well done to all the team and the management ... and the fans.

1 hour ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Just back from a glorious walk along the canal from  Temple to Firhill and back .The ground looked brilliant basking in the glory of a  smashing Thistle win ....does life get any better on a Sunday  ?

Even though we're still bottom of the league. Imagine how good that feeling would be if we could put a run together and get in to that top four.  Fingers crossed.

Mental result. Days like that make it all worthwhile. Out of curiosity does  anyone happen to know how many assist’s Ryan Williamson has managed to rack up this season? Must be a good 4 or 5 plus. Say what you will about his defending or whatever else but you can’t argue his final ball is terrific. He puts it on a plate time after time, in direct contrast to Christie Elliot who’s delivery was beyond horrendous.