vs. Ayr United

Jaggernaut

17 hours ago, jagfox said:

Automatic ticketing system at Ayr. No cash gate but can be purchased at their lottery office/ kiosk but will be busy.

Tickets for Saturday’s trip to Somerset Park are now on advance online sale courtesy of Ayr United’s ticket portal.

Fans are encouraged to purchase in advance where possible in order to avoid excessive queues at the turnstiles on matchday.

Tickets can be purchased at: https://tickets.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/package_link/221/PTFC

Any supporter who purchases tickets for this match online can enter the stadium using the barcode on their phone or by printing their ticket at home.

Thistle fans will be accommodated in the Railway End and West Stand

Advance tickets are only available to purchase through the Ayr United online ticket portal. No tickets will be available to purchase in advance from the ticket office at the Energy Check Stadium at Firhill.

There will be no cash gates available on the day but Thistle fans will be able to purchase from the Lottery Office at Somerset Park on matchday but queues are expected to be very busy.

Matchday admission prices:

Adult – £18

Concession – £12

Under 18s – £6

A concession qualifies as a person over 65, between 18-21, or a student with a valid matriculation card.

Disabled Supporters: 

Ayr United have the capacity for 6 away wheelchairs and their carers. There is a concession charge of £12 for wheelchair users and their carers free of charge.

For ambulant supporters, Ayr United FC have requested that ambulant supporters carry documentation to support the concession ticket when entering the gate.

Decent pricing. £36 for parent and child at Tannadice is enough to make me think twice about going back.

1 hour ago, Jag said:

Decent pricing. £36 for parent and child at Tannadice is enough to make me think twice about going back.

Both Dundee clubs were far too expensive with their pricing. Almost £50 for two second tier matches is excessive. That’s before taking into account travel and anything bought at the pie stall. 

Good to have a decent price today, the cup game and some home games coming up. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Ayr United look like a team who know how to score, the Partick team I saw against Arbroath struggled to play decent football, never mind scoring goals …. I think today might be a case of 'what PTFC team turn up'. When we are good, we are excellent, but when we are bad, we are woeful.

I would take a draw 

A draw is obviously better than a defeat, but I think we are in the territory of needing wins, even though the squad is rank.

It may just be the view (the terracing ain't that steep) but I struggle to mind a game of classy football in recent years at Somerset. Plenty of excitement but not a lot of skillful teamwork.

Re the pricing at Dundee. United must think of themselves as top tier in waiting whilst their neighbours haven't seemed to notice they're not in the top tier any longer.

3 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

A draw is obviously better than a defeat, but I think we are in the territory of needing wins, even though the squad is rank.

True we need to win, but against Arbroath we were, as you said, RANK whereas against DUFC we were much the better team on the park. Which team will turn up today?

My preference would be a 4-0 win, but I just don't see that happening

3 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Guess our only  saving grace is that Alloa are getting beat and Morton lost last night giving us a glimmer hope at eighth ...only if we bolster squad in Jan ...it really is that bad at this stage already .

As bad as Morton maybe they scored 3 goals against us in under 10 minutes. Barely any of our players look capable of competing in a relegation battle.  McCall has a massive job on his hands come January