vs. Ayr United

Jaggernaut

It has been clear for weeks that staying up is the best we can hope for this season, and to do that, we will need a clear out of the squad in the January window.  We're weak in virtually every area and need to bring in some quality.    I doubt McCall will have the resources to do that, but if not, we need to reconcile ourselves to League 1 next season

For the moment, we need to try to hang on to Alloa, Morton, and QOS and give ourselves a chance of staying up

2 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

When Michael Max says it is heartbeaking to watch you know it is bad.

Also, nobody praised Caldwell when we beat ICT, Dundee & Nomads it was all Ian McCall so he has to take his share of the blame as well.

Yep he does .... if you back to when Caldwell took over from Archie he got criticised in the same situation 

the key issue is whether you think the squad is the worst in the league or we are under performing 

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Yep he does .... if you back to when Caldwell took over from Archie he got criticised in the same situation 

the key issue is whether you think the squad is the worst in the league or we are under performing 

I think it’s the worst, both in balance physicality and movement. I think when we’re winning we as a squad have totally upped their game, today though shows the normal level

• Like 1

McCall has won 3?  games since coming in. That’s easily more than Caldwell did when he came in until January......

Anyway, McCall has to find a way of keeping us in touch and then he does have scope to make changes in January....... 4 loans expire and he could terminate the 5th plus dispose of Jones and the absent Australian. Using them as examples. Yes the later would cost money to release but we might not have a choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Firhillista said:

Ayr were really good. We were really bad.

Still think we've got some good players, but we're miles away from having a good team.

Best we can hope for now is that we go into the January transfer window still in touch with the group. On today's evidence, it's a big ask.

Aye that's about what we thought of the game and the task ahead.

In truth we were lucky to go in at half time only two down. If anything 1-4 flattered us. On Tuesday night there was more than just a semblance of teamwork. Today we looked like a pre-season outfit, gently finding our feet and slowly getting to know each other. 

Last year,  watching the team just prior to Archie being fired, I thought I had seen a PTFC team playing at a historic low point for effort, passion and skill. [ok, historically there have been worse teams wearing PTFC shirts on the park, but overall we had a reasonable squad of players that should have been good enough for at least mid table mediocrity] Last weeks Arbroath game was as bad as anything I saw from Archie's team from last season, and it sounds like todays game was a continuation of the utter shyte we witnessed a week ago. IMC and his assistants have got themselves a tough job to do. 

This team appears to be an unbalanced, unmotivated, for some part unskilled group of players that are incapable of playing as a cohesive unit on a week by week basis. They have occasional flashes of brilliance, but the 'default status' for this team is lower league one level of play [IMO,Falkirk or Raith Rovers could beat this current PTFC team with ease] 

Far less top four status, this season we should be hoping we do not get relegated. It may be we get to the end of season 2019 / 2020 and stay in this Championship division, but it's my guess it will not be with the majority of this group of players.

Cant agree with it would be easier to build from scratch in the league below. Relegation again could see us in third tier for years to come. McCall needs to find a way to get the team picking up points until January. Then get players in that will keep us in this league. Then over the summer do the required surgery to the team to get us challenging in the top half. I have said it before, our next 2 league games are at home to Morton and Alloa. We need to take 6 points  from these games and that would keep us in touch. 

3 hours ago, Anniesland Jag said:

This is truly awful...really feel for our travelling support today.

It was even worse than the 5-1 mauling by Morton last year. Ayr could easily have scored 7 against us. Perhaps the worst Jags performance I've seen (though I'm a relative newbie, I only go back to 1979) Watching Thistle is akin to self-harming these days. 

• Sad 1

We have a number of players completely devoid of confidence . I really would stop playing Williamson - the boy looks shit scared .

Miller is undoubtedly a good player and his football brain is way faster than most of his teammates- you can see that from the wee flicks and the runs he makes . That being said , his constant moaning and gesticulating at others must be discouraging and is not , I believe , helpful or justified .