vs. Ayr United

Jaggernaut

Awful fare, a complete s***show.  None of those players deserve to wear the shirt.  Miller top scorer, footballing brain etc?  No thanks he would be one of the first out of the door.  Take Gordon with you...in fact out with extending Cole’s loan and Sneddon and Penrice (at a push) none of these guys are fit for purpose.  Banzo and Slater, its the very sentimentally surrounding players like this which have us in this mess.  Caldwell has left us in the quagmire and must rank along with Clark,Johnstone and Campbell with his legacy.  I do not normally post this fed up/angry but enough is enough!

5 minutes ago, ironfist said:

We have absolutely no options in attack. To sign Mitch Austin was absolutely criminal. To sign him AND Alex Jones was absolutely idiotic. Even cardle who gives his all is quite frankly poor. It’s a real chore going to games these days...

You forgot Mansell. Easy enough to do.

1 minute ago, elevenone said:

Awful fare, a complete s***show.  None of those players deserve to wear the shirt.  Miller top scorer, footballing brain etc?  No thanks he would be one of the first out of the door.  Take Gordon with you...in fact out with extending Cole’s loan and Sneddon and Penrice (at a push) none of these guys are fit for purpose.  Banzo and Slater, its the very sentimentally surrounding players like this which have us in this mess.  Caldwell has left us in the quagmire and must rank along with Clark,Johnstone and Campbell with his legacy.  I do not normally post this fed up/angry but enough is enough!

And if you take Kenny Miller out of the equation, who has been our best player this season, we are left with absolutely no goal scoring threat at all .

We took 25 / 30 goals out of the team last year between Spittal , McDonald , Doolan and Erskine and the goals haven’t been replaced.

Unless we get a prolific scorer in the mould of Shankland and Hemmings  which is unlikely then we’ll have to get players in who’ll chip 6 - 10 goals a season to give us a chance.

It's not often I post here, but I had to after watching that. Today was dire. I have watched some dross recently, but Ayr could have scored for fun. They ripped us apart with ease and had Williamson  sussed in five minutes. Then they went to work on making him look 100% clueless. The way we were cut open with either slick, rapid passing or a route one ball over our back line was embarrasing to watch. It was obvious they were going to work on exposing our lack of pace and a Moffat of two or three years back would have had them one up in the first few minutes.

I don't profess to be a mind full of football knowledge, but from where I was standing I could see our number two was lost. He should have been subbed before half time. No doubts.

I just deleted my last paragraph coz I can't be bothered getting into a ruck, but I can surely find a more pleasurable way of blowing my money than paying to watch this. Gonna skip a couple of games to let my blood cool down to boiling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

Out of likes but well said- Banzo has been terrible last year and a half.  The likes of Ayr will have better players on half his wages

Last season our results picked up with the introduction of Scott McDonald and Steven Anderson. This year the strongest personality in the team is probably Miller but after that the rest are wallflowers. We have some reasonable players but no one with a will to win or do the nasty part of the game.

You would expect in a struggling team to see the back four pick up bookings but we don't. I don't remember the last time one of our centre-halfs went through a player just to show them they are there. I'm not advocating we become a team of hackers but right now we've gone the opposite way and became a soft touch.

We need to sign a on field leader as soon as possible.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, laukat said:

Last season our results picked up with the introduction of Scott McDonald and Steven Anderson. This year the strongest personality in the team is probably Miller but after that the rest are wallflowers. We have some reasonable players but no one with a will to win or do the nasty part of the game.

You would expect in a struggling team to see the back four pick up bookings but we don't. I don't remember the last time one of our centre-halfs went through a player just to show them they are there. I'm not advocating we become a team of hackers but right now we've gone the opposite way and became a soft touch.

We need to sign a on field leader as soon as possible.

The last time we played Ayr we had two players sent off and we still got beat. I think what we lack in defence is skill, pace and the quickness of thought to spot trouble.  We dont need more brawn and grit in defence in my opinion , we need skill. No Ayr players were booked today eitherbut they totally outplayed us in every area.

14 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Gave this one a miss today thankfully. 

Couple of banana skins coming up against Stenny & Penicuik - not very confident that we will negotiate either. 

Our next 4 are games we should be looking to win. The 2 you mention plus Morton and Alloa at home. We should know better after these games just how bad a position we are in.

We are all hoping to hold on till the January window ..but who is going to sign for us ,anybody that is better than we have got..

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

And if you take Kenny Miller out of the equation, who has been our best player this season, we are left with absolutely no goal scoring threat at all .

We took 25 / 30 goals out of the team last year between Spittal , McDonald , Doolan and Erskine and the goals haven’t been replaced.

Unless we get a prolific scorer in the mould of Shankland and Hemmings  which is unlikely then we’ll have to get players in who’ll chip 6 - 10 goals a season to give us a chance.

Something stuck with me when McCall was congratulating Kerr on his appointment as ayr manager.. He mentioned 2 ayr players then said something along the lines of ... aye good luck controlling they 2 nutters.

Ayr have players with a bit of Edge about them, few of them a bit daft etc.

Taking Erskine and Doolan away from the Club  was a huge mistake because in the situation we are in now.. it requires personalities like theres to keep a bit of pride and fight about the team. We seem to have decided to bring too many normal/nice lads in.

Just watched the highlights on the FREE Ayr United tv channel on Youtube. (Yes, FREE. Why is that, PTFC?)

Embarrassing. The entire team looked rank, but in particular:

Scott Fox.... What does he need to do to get dropped?

Gary Harkins.... How fat does somebody need to get before getting into the sumo category? 

Our entire defence.... embarrassing.

26 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Just watched the highlights on the FREE Ayr United tv channel on Youtube. (Yes, FREE. Why is that, PTFC?)

It's almost as though Thistle fans are taken for granted by the club. We're treated as though it's our duty to pay for these things and they'll put in as little effort as possible.

The highlights on Jagzone amounted to less than 8 minutes (OK it may have been difficult to get any more we'd have wanted to see!) of poor footage. The tem lists at the start hadn't even up-dated the managers.

13 hours ago, Emsca said:

We have a number of players completely devoid of confidence . I really would stop playing Williamson - the boy looks shit scared .

Miller is undoubtedly a good player and his football brain is way faster than most of his teammates- you can see that from the wee flicks and the runs he makes . That being said , his constant moaning and gesticulating at others must be discouraging and is not , I believe , helpful or justified .

Watching highlights of various of our games, Miller seems to be playing wherever he wants when ever he wants. This must cause problems with tactics as your effectively setting up 10 players against 11. A lot of time there is no out ball as he’s floating about in Centre midfield when he should be holding the line keeping their back 4 back. When we do get an attack he’s not there as he’s drifted back or wide. He is a player that definitely has ability but it almost comes across as he’s a maverick “billy big time” who believes he’s better than anyone else and can decide what he wants to do regardless of managers tactics or impact onto his team mates.

2 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

Something stuck with me when McCall was congratulating Kerr on his appointment as ayr manager.. He mentioned 2 ayr players then said something along the lines of ... aye good luck controlling they 2 nutters.

Ayr have players with a bit of Edge about them, few of them a bit daft etc.

Taking Erskine and Doolan away from the Club  was a huge mistake because in the situation we are in now.. it requires personalities like theres to keep a bit of pride and fight about the team. We seem to have decided to bring too many normal/nice lads in.

Sorry but looking back with rose tinted glasses at players who are way past their best is not the answer.

• Like 1