vs. Ayr United

Jaggernaut

13 minutes ago, Emsca said:

Would drop Fox , Williamson and Miller from that line up

I would drop Miller as I ythink he's off form at the moment but I don't see any other options. Mansell is at best an impact sub and that concludes our striking options.

Williamson for Kakay is a disctinct possibility.

I don't think its fair throwing Sneddon into our back 4 just now. Time for our experienced highly paid players to stand up and be counted.

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

The perspective is that the goalkeeper is a bombscare, the defence is awful, the midfield is leaderless and toothless and up front we have nothing. 

I don't disagree with any of this but we do need to try to move on from where we are. We cannot just throw in the towel.

We now have the manager most fans wanted , who has proved he can be successful at this level. There is absolutely no question he will be backed and given time- and rightly so.

There are players in the squad who are simply not good enough and never will be. There are others who clearly have ability but need help to produce on the pitch. Within both groups I am sure there are some who simply see playing for Thistle as a job and as long as they have a contract and are getting paid  they are happy to go through the motions. This attitude infuriates me as much as it does most fans, but it is a reality of life.

The next few months are going to be tough- there will be no quick turnaround. We might pick up the odd good result but it is going to be a slow process to re-build a squad in terms of ability, attitude, style of play and togetherness. As supporters we need to grit our teeth and believe in the manager to get things right. That is what being a supporter is about, not just turning up when we are winning ( although admittedly that has not been  too often!). It will make it all the sweeter when success does eventually come and shine on the blessed of Maryhill.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Pinhead said:

He has had 1 decent game the rest he has been bombscare to bang average...fits in well with the rest of them mind you

It doesn't matter if Osman Kakay puts in totally rubbish performances in every game. He will always be OK. The clue is in the initials.

The downside is that if he is utterly brilliant, scores and creates goals galore and leads the team to promotion, he will still be OK.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Kingleo said:

As alluded to in the previous post it’s the lack of heart and desire that’s most worrying. These players are utter shite and they themselves will know that. This team has been devoid of heart, spirit and desire for 2 years now. Fox is like a boy you see playing student Sunday league. Just dives about and gets nothing on it. Mansell is out his depth. And that’s our abysmal level of football. De vita useless. Bannigan totally done. Saunders and Williamson are honking. Powderpuff. There can be few walks of life where people so useless can actually earn some sort of living. Imagine these guys working air traffic control. All the planes would be flying into each other above the airport as they were taking off and landing 

I travel to Scotland games with air traffic controllers (Eurocontrol).

How the **** planes don't already fly into each other on a regular basis is a mystery to me.

1 hour ago, Emsca said:

I don't disagree with any of this but we do need to try to move on from where we are. We cannot just throw in the towel.

We now have the manager most fans wanted , who has proved he can be successful at this level. There is absolutely no question he will be backed and given time- and rightly so.

There are players in the squad who are simply not good enough and never will be. There are others who clearly have ability but need help to produce on the pitch. Within both groups I am sure there are some who simply see playing for Thistle as a job and as long as they have a contract and are getting paid  they are happy to go through the motions. This attitude infuriates me as much as it does most fans, but it is a reality of life.

The next few months are going to be tough- there will be no quick turnaround. We might pick up the odd good result but it is going to be a slow process to re-build a squad in terms of ability, attitude, style of play and togetherness. As supporters we need to grit our teeth and believe in the manager to get things right. That is what being a supporter is about, not just turning up when we are winning ( although admittedly that has not been  too often!). It will make it all the sweeter when success does eventually come and shine on the blessed of Maryhill.

I don't think anyone is disputing that (except for DD and, to be fair, he said it before Bunter arrived); the worst anyone has said is that, broadly speaking, he has underestimated the scale of the task.

Edited to add: 'as probably most of us did'.

Edited by Semi Nurainen
esprit d'escalier

24 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

I travel to Scotland games with air traffic controllers (Eurocontrol).

How the **** planes don't already fly into each other on a regular basis is a mystery to me.

Generally speaking, Barney, the same technology that (largely) stops trains running into each other.

3 hours ago, Emsca said:

Great post , if I was McCall just now and needed a catalyst to get things going I would sign Aaron Taylor-Sinclair at least till the end of the season, he’s a free agent , knows the Club and he’s also a step up from Penrice who could be moved inside and play as a holding midfielder.

If we don’t change things round , nothing is going to change .

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Great post , if I was McCall just now and needed a catalyst to get things going I would sign Aaron Taylor-Sinclair at least till the end of the season, he’s a free agent , knows the Club and he’s also a step up from Penrice who could be moved inside and play as a holding midfielder.

Decent shout.

48 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Is ATS not currently injured? Otherwise agree if there are funds please get him signed along with Keillor Dunn 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kingleo said:

Why would we expect a response the next game? When  have these failures and losers shown they can respond to anything? They’re utter garbage. Shite footballers with no heart or desire. Wasters every one of them

Are you up for doing the pre match team talk.:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Is ATS not currently injured? Otherwise agree if there are funds please get him signed along with Keillor Dunn 

Not sure about Keillor-Dunn. Good player and someone we should've been signing in the late summer or whenever he was released. Just don't believe he's the type of player we need to get us out of the relegation mire. Put another way he's a creative player who'd create the odd goalscoring chance for just who?

58 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Not sure about Keillor-Dunn. Good player and someone we should've been signing in the late summer or whenever he was released. Just don't believe he's the type of player we need to get us out of the relegation mire. Put another way he's a creative player who'd create the odd goalscoring chance for just who?

Could we put Dario Zanatta in a more central role , pretty ineffective just now with teams doubling up on him .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Could we put Dario Zanatta in a more central role , pretty ineffective just now with teams doubling up on him .

I think Zanatta needs a spell on the bench. He tries really hard for about 30 minutes and if nothing comes off he gets frustrated at himself and his teammates. For a young guy he carries too much of our attacking hopes. I'd much prefer to see him coming on with 30 minutes to go.

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Agree with this. Looked at good player but he's not what we need and if we signed him now we would struggle to get him fit enough to offer anything before the January window.

Also can't see much value in signing ATS when we already have 2 left backs. We desperately need a left sided centreback, a CDM, a striker and another winger. Probably need another right back.

If we were taking a chance on an unsigned player at this point you would want it to be as a CDM or centreback and I don't see many of them knockin about in Scotland. So unless McCall has found someone in another country we're probably going with what we have until January.

1 hour ago, laukat said:

I think Zanatta needs a spell on the bench. He tries really hard for about 30 minutes and if nothing comes off he gets frustrated at himself and his teammates. For a young guy he carries too much of our attacking hopes. I'd much prefer to see him coming on with 30 minutes to go.

Agree with this. Looked at good player but he's not what we need and if we signed him now we would struggle to get him fit enough to offer anything before the January window.

Also can't see much value in signing ATS when we already have 2 left backs. We desperately need a left sided centreback, a CDM, a striker and another winger. Probably need another right back.

If we were taking a chance on an unsigned player at this point you would want it to be as a CDM or centreback and I don't see many of them knockin about in Scotland. So unless McCall has found someone in another country we're probably going with what we have until January.

I’m not sure we can wait to the Jan window to spark something, ATS has played left Centre back as has Penrice and would be a huge improvement with what we’ve got just now . 

1 hour ago, laukat said:

Whatabout going in to the juniors to get a hard nut and a leader ?

9 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

Sorry GRE - got to disagree with that statement regarding the keeper. Going on the highlights there was not much most keepers could have done. 

Agree with the rest about the defenders being a bombscare. 

what highlights have you been watching?

I think what is becoming apparent is that this summer budget was wasted badly by Caldwell. 

in terms of goalkeeper. We had a decent young keeper who needs games. We could have signed an adequate backup. Instead we signed competition.  This uses more budget for marginal at best benefit whilst also stunting the development of sneddon. 

moving on to centre backs. Penrice could have played there in an emergency as could Sena had he stayed at the club. We had McGinty o ware Saunders and to then also sign hall looks like a centre back too far when considering use of budget and paucity in other areas. 

the new signing full backs - we have seen two of these end up playing in other positions - Robson and kakay. This is because they aren’t good enough full backs and we don’t have enough players in other areas. 

Moving up front, I know there is the argument where would we be without Kenny millers goals. However we are in a position where he is at 39 our main striker. He will be paid more I am sure than the number one strikers at most of the other clubs in the division. But most of the other clubs have more effective strikers than he is now.  More budget wasted. 

cakdwell must take a huge amount of the blame for this. But for a second successive summer, we were left with an unbalanced squad and whilst I appreciate the role of the chief executive is to be supportive to the managers plans and wishes one would have hoped Gerry’s football nous and the experience of summer 2018 would have allowed him to influence things to a better outcome. 

• Like 1