Sign in to follow this  
Auld Jag

Next 4 games.

Our next 4 games are one's we should be  able to win. We have Morton and Alloa in the league, Penicuik  in the cup. All at Firhill. We also have Stenhousemuir  away in the challenge cup. I know we have lost 3 league games in a row and 2 of those we were very poor in. So no reason to be optimistic . But Morton and Alloa are not exactly setting the heather on fire and if we cant beat a non league team and a division 2 team we really are in trouble. I think when we have played these 4 games we will have a better idea of what this season has in store for us. A poor combination of results in these 4 games would see any honeymoon type period that McCall might be having  ending.

Anything other than a positive result against Morton and I'd say the two cup games become inconsequential. On the other hand three points v Morton then winning the cup games will be fundamental in maintaining momentum. Sad to believe but in a win two/lose two situation I think I'd rather take the six league points and face the ignominy of two cup defeats than any other outcome. 

Normally I'd be suggesting we rest our key players for those two cup games but I don't know if we have any key players. Do we have?

11 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Normally I'd be suggesting we rest our key players for those two cup games but I don't know if we have any key players. Do we have?

We should definitely rest Mitch Austin.

• Like 1

Still feeling totally scunnered after that performance v Ayr and this thread is just adding to the pain.

Morton, Alloa, Penifriggincuik  and Stenhousemuir should be four wins., no ifs, no buts. 

How this team has lowered our expectations!

3 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

My predictions  .

Jags 0 Morton 0

Jags 1 Alloa 1

Stenhousemuir  1 Jags 2

Jags 1 Penicuik 1

Now that is depressing reading!!! and it could be completely accurate. As others have said … how low we have sunk over the last 2 - 2 1/2 years

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

My predictions  .

Jags 0 Morton 0

Jags 1 Alloa 1

Stenhousemuir  1 Jags 2

Jags 1 Penicuik 1

You're very optimistic this evening!

16 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

My predictions  .

Jags 0 Morton 0

I can't envisage 0-0 here.   2 poor defences.   That said, it could easily be worse if we play like we played at Ayr.

Despite going down to 10 men in the second half we still managed to get a very good 3points against Morton. I hope that this result is a moral booster for the team and we take the same attitude on to our next game against Stenhousemuir.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

To quote Murray Walker - anything could happen and probably will.

Is that Mansell he's talking about?:getmecoat:

Now that we have already beaten Morton, I would expect or maybe more realistically, hope that we should be taking 4 wins out of 4 from these fixtures.  Which will hopefully give us a bit of confidence and form going into big away games too QOTS and Dunfermline.

Little relevance but I noticed a PTFC tweet re Stenny. Got me thinking how important such a little word as "for" can be. Take it away from this tweet and it applies to many a Jags fan far too often of late.  Scot Rail tho' might be an exception to the rule.

Jags 006.png

Rail 003.png

• Like 1

I wouldn't write off Cuikie (penicuik). In their last 2 games they've won 4-1 and 5-0 so their confidence will be high.

Thistle need a convincing win against Stenny.

1 hour ago, rustic said:

I wouldn't write off Cuikie (penicuik). In their last 2 games they've won 4-1 and 5-0 so their confidence will be high.

Thistle need a convincing win against Stenny.

Sounds like they could be Cuikie Monsters.

2 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Sounds like they could be Cuikie Monsters.

Hopefully they will crumble at Firhill.

4 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Another good win. Lets hope this is the start of a good run. Hopefully will build confidence. Cant be complacent next week against Penicuik

I think today helped in so much as there's no way we should be the least bit complacent about next week. Still looking a tad fragile.

12 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I think today helped in so much as there's no way we should be the least bit complacent about next week. Still looking a tad fragile.

I am sure our managers experience from last season should make sure that the team is not complacent this Saturday.

• Thanks 1